Sponsored by:

Advice Needed/Bodywork Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
These clowns have already provided you a great disservice and have ruined your car and supplied parts. For the shop to not include paint in their estimate should have raised a red flag. That's just like a framing contractor giving you an estimate and no including the wall studs. File a claim against them for their inferior workmanship and warn others of this shop's incompetents.
Bullseye!

Under no circumstances would I allow them to touch your car again. They have revealed their character (they F*uck it up, and have the audacity to expect you to foot the bill...and are giving you sh*t about it too...uh...I don't THINK so!).

Take your beauty to a reputable shop, even if that means driving it out of State, and stick "HorseSh*t" with the bill via small claims, and we'll take care of spreading the word! Sometimes machine gun diplomacy is the only thing that works.

Last edited by FLYT993; 08-22-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

So for all those that said get the car back, I have the car and finally was able to take it back to show them what happened 10 days after the last time I picked it up. So what do i do now? Do I need to get it fixed and submit all info to a lawyer or contact a lawyer first? I really want to stick it to them just because the owner himself is just like it is no big deal and he doesn't want to sink anymore money in this car.......
Old 08-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cactus
So for all those that said get the car back, I have the car and finally was able to take it back to show them what happened 10 days after the last time I picked it up. So what do i do now? Do I need to get it fixed and submit all info to a lawyer or contact a lawyer first? I really want to stick it to them just because the owner himself is just like it is no big deal and he doesn't want to sink anymore money in this car.......
Although people here are great and offer good advice, I'd personally ask advice from a legal expert first before I do anything else. There are plenty of legal centers that offer fixed rate initial consultations.

Once you have the proper advice on how to proceed, then go for it. You may find yourself in a claims suit and will need some expert witnesses and documentation that will prove to the court that they did a shoddy job. Just be certain to properly document everything.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll get some monetary satisfaction from them, and can also find the proper shop to do the work.

Quick Reply: Advice Needed/Bodywork Issue