Sponsored by:

carbon fiber GT3 seats...possibly for sale :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default carbon fiber GT3 seats...possibly for sale :(

As some of you who have previously seen interior pics of my cab (in sig pic below) or has seen the car in person know, the car has a set of factory 996 GT3 seats with the carbon fiber shells (as well as a rear seat delete). Frankly the car is rarely driven since I spend little time in LA these days and with a 2 year old, fixed back seats really are not that practical when the car does get used. So now I am considering replacing the seats with seats that recline and are more practical...maybe Cobara Misanos or Recaro Sportster CS.

These seats were among the first that came into the U.S. and were fairly pricey. And AFAIK they are still fairly rare as I have yet to see another set on Rennlist or elsewhere, although there are now a few aftermarket copies available for a fraction of the cost of the factory pieces. I don't have any current pics of the seats or car, although I have posted quite a few previously. But if anyone has interest in these seats, PM or email me....but be forewarned that they won't be cheap...as nothing that is factory Porsche is ever "cheap". The seats would be sold with the rails and adapters so they'll fit right into a 993 with no modifications needed.

I'm not interested in shipping the seats so the buyer would need to be in SoCal; and if I sell these it will be in the next 10-12 days (otherwise any sale would have to wait until next year). Also, since an asking price needs to be posted....the price I'm thinking of is north of 5k but less than the 6.5k they were going for (FYI aftermarket copies go for about 2.2-2.4k/pair).

There is a pic of the seats in this thread...
see pic in post #15

Last edited by David in LA; 08-12-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Good luck, David. Buyers should be very wary of buying cheap aftermarket seats. IMHO, factory GT3 seats are the only way to go. Too many things can break (your spinal column, your spinal cord, your skull, etc.) when a cheap no-name, aftermarket seat folds in a crash.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

David,
The seats are gorgeous!

Andreas
Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they are awesome seats... GLWS!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Yeah the seat backs look awesome with the right interior so in a way I'm hoping there is minimal/no interest before I leave LA
Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

David are they the same ones that Gert Sell at Carnewal? The GT3 with Carbon backs? Just wondering because his price for leather is $4725.00 a pair and cloth is $3702.00 a pair USD

Just wondering because I was looking at those seats earlier on Carnewal and then noticed your thread.

GLWS
Old 08-14-2010, 03:18 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

They look the same. There is a pic in the link I posted in my OP as well as there are a few other pics of my seats/interior floating around on RL.

I bot mine some time ago but not through Gert...at the time IIRC the Euro was stronger than it is now and after including shipping and import duties it came to be quite a bit.

If you can get them for that price (inclusive of shipping and avoiding duty) it's a great deal as that is even cheaper than what he is listing for the normal GRP seats ($4980 and $5747) and is a much better deal than buying used seats (even though mine has not been used much). Gert is a great vendor - I've bot from him many times and he stands behind everything he sells.

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
David are they the same ones that Gert Sell at Carnewal? The GT3 with Carbon backs? Just wondering because his price for leather is $4725.00 a pair and cloth is $3702.00 a pair USD

Just wondering because I was looking at those seats earlier on Carnewal and then noticed your thread.

GLWS
(BTW I got a message from someone offering me $2100 and saying that was a fair price...I told him for that price he should be looking at the Revozports....company is in HK and I've seen their work...good value for money but their stuff is not tested AFAIK)
Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

For that kind of cash I will sell the GT3 seats getting dusty in my garage. I need to get pics and list them - Savannah Beige/Black backs though they are not carbon fiber. I picked them up several years ago for my 964 and since I still don't have the title to the 993 (long story that is not over yet) and my butt isn't getting smaller as I get older I wo't fit in them. LOL.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Craig001 "standard GT3 seats" without the carbon fiber change hands for about $2K and $2.2K with rails. As Suncoast originally was selling them for $2.5K 4-5 years ago now they are $4.5K.
Check all the for sale threads in the GT3 forum.
I believe David is selling a different type. Right?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,008 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Hey David. As a reference, I sold my CF GT3s with rails for $4.5k two years ago. IIRC, they were selling for around $7.5k at the time and they were hard to find new. Regular GT3 seats were selling new for $2.5 without rails and used for $1.5-2k. I'm not sure if and who the market has changed since.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:17 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
Hey David. As a reference, I sold my CF GT3s with rails for $4.5k two years ago. IIRC, they were selling for around $7.5k at the time and they were hard to find new. Regular GT3 seats were selling new for $2.5 without rails and used for $1.5-2k. I'm not sure if and who the market has changed since.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know anyone else here on RL had the CF seats...I'm still somewhat on the fence with these...really love the seats but so much less practical for me than a few years ago.

$7.5k for new ones 2 years ago sounds right....not sure I understand why Gert is pricing them so cheap relative to the standard GRP seats....I would have thought these seats would have gone up since...same as most Porsche parts the last 2 years. Even once you include duty and shipping Gert's price is pretty good.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 PM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the seats sold ?

Patrick

Quick Reply: carbon fiber GT3 seats...possibly for sale :(