Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monterey 2010 photo thread: Pebble, Laguna, Legends, Quail, etc. ...918 Spyder!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:46 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn

I wouldn't think twice about going down there for these events except for the way that accomodations are priced in the area, they're out to gouge you.
Harlan-- I just got back from checking some Porsche-owning friends of mine into a $65/night room using discounts I had access to. Best part is they're as thrilled about the location as much as the price, cuz they identify with your sentiments.

Tomorrow's goal: get RLer AlpinaDVL into see the 918 Spyder. Wish us luck!

Porsche Zentrum told me the badazz Spyder has media rides tomorrow. Sunday it will be driven around town -- in the flesh -- enroute to its public debut at Pebble Beach. IMO, that car'z da bom.

I still have more of these to share, but will have to do so later. One more for now...

RLer sansh2o & I were lucky we didn't get hit by the 918's phaser guns. "Set to stun," & what a stunna it iz

Old 08-13-2010, 02:52 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WOw.... drool...
Old 08-13-2010, 03:15 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Excellent photographs!!
Really glad you're enjoying the show. BTW, I've always admired your artistic avatar.

Probably forgetting someone who's contacted me, but hearing from the them today, I know:
Fri, JDHertz & Pauly993 will be @ Concourso Italiano.
AlpinaDVL & I will be at Legends of the Autobahn.
Eshaun will be at one or both shows.

Unless anyone knows where there's an unused Porsche corral pass for me Sat, it's starting to look like Speedy & I won't be at Laguna Seca.. I tried, but they were out.
Who's in for Tarpy's Roadhouse @ 7PM Fri? See ya soon! If Alf & I score a 918 Spyder viewing then have fun without us
A couple previews of my 100+ photos at today's Pebble Beach Tour de Elegance in Carmel, CA:

Old 08-13-2010, 03:23 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You may also enjoy ADias (Tony)'s thread on the 997 forum: "PHOTOS: Monterey Auto Week 2010."

A couple more of mine for now...

Old 08-13-2010, 03:26 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OK, so I'm still not a graduate of the 'JDHertz School of Hubcap Photography,' but I practiced on a Ferrari today.
Jason may have to give me remedial lessons tomorrow

Old 08-13-2010, 03:56 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Olav A.
Thursday there is a great get together of car enthusiasts at Baha Cantina in Carmel Valley. Lots of interesting cars show up there. It's right beside Quail Lodge.
Mad propz to Olav! Incredible night there. Beyond words how many exotics constantly drove through the slammed parking lot, dying for a spot.

Added bonus: Porsche put up a Zentrum next door. Amongst other beauties to luv, I scored some Jeff Zwart Pike's Peak Hillclimb posters

I had dinner with a Monterey friends I haven't seen in years; we all found the food & drink great.
Excellence Magazine editor Pete Stout said hi while I was parking. We planned to meet up afterwards, but there were so many folks, we got lost in the crowd.

The worst of it? After a measly 50 photos, my camera battery died. I then had to use my cell phone camera, which I'd avoided for years.

A couple pix now, more later; bleery-eyed concours prep for Speedy & I tomorrow AM.

(BTW, still haven't posted any of my 169 photos of McCall's Motorworks Revival Wed, where Speedy was featured.
Wish I had 48 hours a day to see cars & post pix! Almost too much car fun; it's incredible here.)

A real RS -- ask me how I know:

Old 08-13-2010, 04:02 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by curve lover
The worst of it? After a measly 50 photos, my camera battery died.
So much amazing sheetmetal to photograph that it was like being in Porsche purgatory for me
The above 2 pix are but mere glimpse into the evening's riveting rockets, from rat rods to Ferraris & one-of-a-kinds.

Here's the "killer shot" that literally did my camera in. A decent effort for a last gasp before its electronic death?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:54 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 353 Likes on 157 Posts

And you know why I'm doing this:
Old 08-13-2010, 03:12 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

You may also enjoy ADias (Tony)'s thread on the 997 forum: "PHOTOS: Monterey Auto Week 2010."
It was unfortunate we did not meet. Thanks for posting!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Who's in for Tarpy's Roadhouse @ 7PM Fri? See ya soon!
I try to drop by Tarpy's this evening for a drink around 7 - 8 PM
Old 08-14-2010, 05:06 AM
eshaun
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a few from the point and shoot for now, will share more over the next few days as I have time to go through them. Great to see some familiar faces too! Enjoy...

all to ourselves
Old 08-14-2010, 03:38 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Shaun-- ^^ As Def Jam comedian Jean K. Jean would say: incroyable!!!
Very glad you could make the party! (However: remove all photographic evidence, so that RLers don't find out I've enjoyed 918 viewings with RLers twice in four days )

Have any Legends of the Autobahn shots to post? Please zap me Speedy pix from there whenever convenient.
Originally Posted by eshaun

all to ourselves
Was surreal fun having you, AlpinaDVL, Marc, Kristen, & national PCA staff there all at the same time!

Erik (EB847)-- Very sorry I missed you at Concorso yesterday AND at Gordon McCall's! Looking forward to your pix from Wed's Motorworks Revival
Originally Posted by Parnelli

who's blue carrera 'S' is that?
RLer Pauly993's Blue Turquoise C2S, closing down Fri's Concorso Italiano:

Old 08-14-2010, 03:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT

And you know why I'm doing this:
Jo- You & Robert are missed! Just not the same without you here a fellow on-the-spot RL reporter & photographer. As I promised, though there will be Alf stories for you
Prescott & Sam say hi; talked to both of yesterday.

Tarpy's Roadhouse was still a great time last night, although you were missed!!! My friend/ organizer's now planning to make it an annual Pelican Parts/ Rennlist event.

OK, so I'm still not a graduate of the 'JDHertz School of Hubcap Photography,' but I practiced on a Ferrari today.
Jason may have to give me remedial lessons tomorrow
Kudos to JDHertz for almost being associated in public with us at Tarpy's!
(Jason-- You know she's wants to meet me )

Another attempt for me to graduate from his accredited film school:
Yesterday's Lambo @ Concors...

Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
I try to drop by Tarpy's this evening for a drink around 7 - 8 PM
Ted-- Thanks for the flyby @ Tarpy's last night; enjoy Pebble Beach tomorrow

Originally Posted by sdcabrio

Keep posting your where-abouts, etc and tips for us common folk. Work necesitates (sp?) bringing my laptop, I'll be sure to check RL each morning to see where I should be headed.
Due to the power of Rennlist, I had the absoute pleasure of seeing RLer Race4S & his lady at Thurs' Baja Cantina, & Fri's Legends of the Autobahn + Concorso Italiano.

Brian-- I'm leaving now for Pebble Beach to catch up with AlpinaDVL, plus friends Kristen & Marc, currently test-driving a Spyker at PB's guest day.

BIG HUGE props to Pauly993 for sponsoring me & eShaun into Concorso.
A glimpse at their miles of Ferraris

Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 353 Likes on 157 Posts

Jo- You & Robert are missed! Just not the same without you here a fellow on-the-spot RL reporter & photographer. As I promised, though there will be Alf stories for you
Prescott & Sam say hi; talked to both of yesterday.

Tarpy's Roadhouse was still a great time last night, although you were missed!!! My friend/ organizer's now planning to make it an annual Pelican Parts/ Rennlist event.

Believe me we are missing all you guys too. We are sitting on our butts doing nothing thanks to Robert's having a meeting on Sunday at 5:00am that he HAD to attend.

Hope we can be there NEXT year.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and next time, take a spare set of batteries for the camera with you.

Quick Reply: Monterey 2010 photo thread: Pebble, Laguna, Legends, Quail, etc. ...918 Spyder!