A/C high pressure side line...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Archilla
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C high pressure side line...

Guys,
I had a refrigerant leak recently which turned out to be due to some stress cracks on the high side line from the compressor, specifically the tube that goes from the service port to the block which mounts to the compressor manifold on the high side line. See the attached pic (not my car, just a shot I ripped online) to see the area I'm talking about. This tube normally has a roughly 90-degree bend in it, but mine was bent more than this, probably from someone leaning on it during a service at some point before I owned the car. It worked fine for the three years I've had the car, but just sprang a leak one day. Who knows, I may have leaned on it while removing the distributor recently... In any case, these A/C lines are really expensive, so I tried to have someone weld over the cracks to seal it up so that it would hold pressure, but no luck. I ended up dropping the money on a new line, but if anyone has a similar issue, or has some good welding/fab skills, and wants to take a try at repairing it, my old cracked one is free for the taking. If nobody wants it, it will end up in the trash soon.
Thanks,
-Ruben
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: A/C high pressure side line...