Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andreas Creation

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm..............This is getting as strong as Pistonheads!

Permit me some UK humour:

(BTW Andreas great piece of art and hope I'm still on your waiting list )
Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 AM
nskd3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi...usually just a lurker, since I don't have much experience to share with everyone. But I'd like to share my two cents here and say that I think all your creations are awesome and imo raspberry was out of line with ALL his remarks. A decent human could have expressed his opinions in a better manner or was this a cry by him for some attention? Keep On Creating!!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I also send props to Andreas for the creativity of his clock and I too think the comments of raspberry were uncalled for and meanspirited ...but...what's with the gay comments?? Maybe I'm just a big city liberal but as I read through he last few pages the math seems to be something like 'Raspberry = jerk, jerk = gay' Not sure this adds up...

Last edited by 993c4_Toronto; 08-05-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Le Pétomane
1st Gear

I very much like the clock, and the red. A great design! But is the clock from Porsche or is he a copy from China? Why is there no 't' in the 'Quartz'?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Pétomane
I very much like the clock, and the red. A great design! But is the clock from Porsche or is he a copy from China? Why is there no 't' in the 'Quartz'?
VDO is a German company. Thus the spelling.

I would stop creating these clocks if I was forced to use Made-in-China copies of an iconic clock mechanism...

Andreas
Old 08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great work, Andreas, as always!

I'd love to have one of these some day.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what's with the gay comments??
Please refer back to adorable earring and epic mustache pics...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 993c4_Toronto
I also send props to Andreas for the creativity of his clock and I too think the comments of raspberry were uncalled for and meanspirited ...but...what's with the gay comments?? Maybe I'm just a big city liberal but as I read through he last few pages the math seems to be something like 'Raspberry = jerk, jerk = gay' Not sure this adds up...

First things first. You are not from the big city. You're from Toronto...

Let me step up and concur that contempt for Mr. Raspberry's comments should not have been a basis to defame homosexuals. Or raspberries for that matter.

Investment bankers, on the other hand, are fair game. They're assclowns.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Helsinki Paul
6th Gear

Well it’s only my second post so I don’t claim any right to ask this , but…

Is it only permitted to comment positively on posts?

While I don’t think Raspberry commented in a polite manner about the art work and certainly not if he disrespected a member’s dog, but if the OP put the art work up on the board isn’t it reasonable that people should be able to comment?

I personally think the clock is fabulous but my wife said, not very politely, ”voi vittu, haiska paska” (she’s Finnish) when I suggested ordering one.

I always understood that freedom of expression was enshrined in the US constitution, indeed the senate has just passed a law protecting the rights of US citizens to express their views against libel prosecutions abroad.

If so why is it not possible to comment about the art work posted, in a polite and constructive manner of course? BTW I’ve seen the maker’s site and he does some nice work.

If someone posts something, and they do that surely for comment, and another person doesn’t agree, why are they a ”hater”? I mean, I don’t like everything Warhol or Lichtenstein did but surely by saying so I’m not a ”hater”. It doesn’t mean that I don’t respect their art. Or should I keep my f…..g opinions to my self. If so what value is a forum to exchange ideas?

Just a thought.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

If a bear ****s in the woods and nobody is there to smell it...does it stink?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
First things first. You are not from the big city. You're from Toronto...

Well a city of over 1,000,000 people so I suspect there is at least one gay in the village.

I lived in MTL for school and I wouldn't try to compete with that city. Best and most fun city I've ever lived in.

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
me step up and concur that contempt for Mr. Raspberry's comments should not have been a basis to defame homosexuals. Or raspberries for that matter.

Investment bankers, on the other hand, are fair game. They're assclowns.

I'll go with the Investment Banker attacks. They don't have their own parade...
Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
If a bear ****s in the woods and nobody is there to smell it...does it stink?
Do one legged ducks swim in circles?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Helsinki Paul
Well it’s only my second post so I don’t claim any right to ask this , but…

Is it only permitted to comment positively on posts?

While I don’t think Raspberry commented in a polite manner about the art work and certainly not if he disrespected a member’s dog, but if the OP put the art work up on the board isn’t it reasonable that people should be able to comment?

I personally think the clock is fabulous but my wife said, not very politely, ”voi vittu, haiska paska” (she’s Finnish) when I suggested ordering one.

I always understood that freedom of expression was enshrined in the US constitution, indeed the senate has just passed a law protecting the rights of US citizens to express their views against libel prosecutions abroad.

If so why is it not possible to comment about the art work posted, in a polite and constructive manner of course? BTW I’ve seen the maker’s site and he does some nice work.

If someone posts something, and they do that surely for comment, and another person doesn’t agree, why are they a ”hater”? I mean, I don’t like everything Warhol or Lichtenstein did but surely by saying so I’m not a ”hater”. It doesn’t mean that I don’t respect their art. Or should I keep my f…..g opinions to my self. If so what value is a forum to exchange ideas?

Just a thought.
No posts were deleted as far as I know so everyone has had their say at this point. Freedom of speech is still active! Perfect harmony not so much.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niche
Geez, I'm starting to feel a little bad for Mr. Rasberry...
LOL, just to set the record straight....while not that it matters.... married (happily to a lovely woman)....have lifted weights for plus 30yrs....and yes 5yrs after getting my early retirement package celebrated with an earring - next yr. will be a dragon tatoo..........

i said earlier imo i've had a ton of sh'it on my desk over the yrs & would not have this....that was a personal view.

you guys are seriously impervious to negative views.....but generally weak!! & imo if you wnat the clock go for it............."

am happy to post up new/old pics for you fat assed guys that need comfort seats/tips..........cheers

Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL, just to set the record straight....while not that it matters.... married (happily to a lovely woman)....have lifted weights for plus 30yrs....and yes 5yrs after getting my early retirement package celebrated with an earring - next yr. will be a dragon tatoo..........

i said earlier imo i've had a ton of sh'it on my desk over the yrs & would not have this....that was a personal view.

you guys are seriously impervious to negative views.....but generally weak!! & imo if you wnat the clock go for it............."

am happy to post up new/old pics for you fat assed guys that need comfort seats/tips..........cheers
I'm pretty sure no one here had a problem with you having a different opinion. What a boring world it would be to have a bunch of yes-men around all the time.

The problem is the general dickish approach you took.

First of all, the OP was not the artist, it was a happy customer showing off his new acquisition not looking for feedback. Your dickish criticism was really not helped by having to accentuate the fact that you were an investment banker... pretty much an all around fail.

Quick Reply: Andreas Creation