Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
LMAO!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can we get back to the clock, please?
I'm afraid it may be too late... somethings are beyond our control and thus become "Das Ubergeigh"
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
These posts are uncalled for and are known as raining on the parade. The OP did not ask for opinions on the aesthetic qualities of Andreas' work, so for you to say that you hope that the OP's costs were minimal is insulting to him and to Andreas who, by the way, is a valued contributor to this board.
Cliff Notes: you're a troll and your posts are uncool.
Solid.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
So I'm guessing you don't like it. Too bad you had to be so........undiplomatic in voicing your opinion. Sad that people can't be a bit more respectful.
And before anyone spouts off about "growing a thicker skin" or "it's only the internet", I try to treat people with respect at every level be it face to face, telephone, or here. Most who post here thankfully do the same.
Nice clock again btw. Now we need to figure out how to make something artistic out of old SAI pumps.
Thanks, IRTMF!

Originally Posted by niche
That's a badass clock! I wonder what other parts can be used for these endeavors?
Dude, WTF? Honestly, you shouldn't talk about the artistic quality of anything by the looks of your lame-*** avatar.
Gold.

Originally Posted by pcarhombre
I'm not giving advice, I'm just saying that I may read or see lots of things on this forum that are not to my liking. But unless somebody asks me, I keep my F****ng opinion to myself, unless I "want" to start some stuff! Was this some type of Tourette reaction? I don't know you sir, but who asked you? The majority of us here appreciate the imagination and skill involved in my friend's art. If you don't like it, don't look. My HS teacher said: Opinions are like sphincter muscles. Everybody's got one, no one needs another and people should keep them to themselves! Flame off.
Hombre, you rock.

Originally Posted by LA964RS
do all the warning lights light up?
Only the two clock illumination bulbs. I've created quite a few that illuminate via a simple push button, but have never had a request for the warning lights. Can be done though.

Originally Posted by Macca
I think I may be a minority on this board but I feel we should welcome hearty debate. What I miss on this board that I enjoy on many others (such a Pistonheads - check out "deristrictors" threads for a good hoot) is some healthy sarcasm, sly whit and an overall sense of humour. I dont think rudness is welcome but Im happy to tolerate a differnce of opinion. Otherwise this place becomes a sanatised hospital ward of "yes sayers". Im not sure if its a US thing or the result of the global PC culture, but its IS OK to disagree. Really it is. Just be polite and funny about it perhaps is the best approach.
As for the clock. Love the concept. Love the execution and teh quality of work and detail. Not sure on the colour, nor the gloss clear coat (personally I think it takes the eye away from should be teh centre of focus - i.e. the clock. Also has to be a stand alone piece given the size and amount of "real estate" it occupies. Hats off to the creator. Hats of to he whom commissioned the work of art. Each to his own and all that.
Something like that is probably a bit more balanced feedback perhaps?
Well said.

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Dude where i come from taking the **** out of someone cause you dont like their art is one thing (other than the fact AOW is a buddy of mine - so i will stand up for him - but he really doesn't need it in this case) but taking the **** out of a mans recently deceased dog - would get you all beaten the StrekStrekStrekStrek up.
Banter, jokes, opinions and fun is one thing - but mate, there is a line and with THAT comment you crossed it. Tool.
Aussie logic at its finest.

Originally Posted by 993Porsche
Beautiful workmanship. I would love to have one for my office or family room. Hmmmm...
Ken, you know where I live.

Since you are retired investment banker, I can only guess that you are on several medications to deal with depression and heart disease. So, I'm going to scratch your rude, insensitive and uncool comments to an overload or lack of meds.
Beyond priceless.

Originally Posted by simpsoap
WOW! Some people really have the nerve to rain on other peoples hard work. I've seen numerous things on Rennlist that wasn't to my liking, but I would never insult the other person or make them feel like the work they put into it wasn't worth it. To each their own, and all that matters is if the other person is satisfied. AOW is a asset to this board and a great guy. Keep the clock coming, I think they all look awesome!
Soap, you're too kind.

Originally Posted by Cactus
You are just trying to butter him up so he doesn't beat you up this weekend
ROTFFLMFAO!

Originally Posted by simpsoap
Butter him up? That's Amanda's job
Easy there, Texas.

Originally Posted by ryano
are you kidding me?? these are badass andreas!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by John H
+1 Calling him a tool is an insult tools everywhere.
Classic.

Originally Posted by Arena993
"Lighten up Francis." Sgt. Hulka-Stripes
Beautiful!

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Nice work Andreas, forget the haters.
They tend to be rare on Rennlist. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
That’s okay, guys, you’d be bitter and rude if you retired from investment banking and all you drove was a 964 (or 993, for that matter).
You might be even more ascerbic if everyone mistook you for one of the Village People:
That last photo is . . . special. It's okay, Gerry, come out of the closet; you'll be a much happier persont.
OMG.

Originally Posted by MarkD
internet forums r teh awesome
I like your work, as always AOW
As for dissenting opinions, well, everyone is entitled of course but there are more pleasant ways to communicate than what was on display here. Also, why call out a former occupation? Odd...
The response to the poor communication skills... priceless
Thanks Mark.

Originally Posted by FisterD
Nice thread. Good work Andreas, as usual!

Hmmm...Joey and Gerry separated at birth?
Oh my!

Originally Posted by Cristel993
The clock is awesome. I'd like one in '83/'84 Le Mans 956 NewMan or Rothmans colours please! Can you ship to the UK Andreas?
Have shipped a number of different clocks to the UK and beyond. No issues.

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Can we get back to the clock, please? Is it powered to run and, if so, how do you get 12v to it? BTW, we have SECCA, the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, here Winston-Salem and this clock is far better than 99% of the stuff they get for exhibition!
Thank you for the very kind words. The clock is not altered in any way, and continues to function as it did in its previous life. I power these with 250 mA, regulated 12v power supplies. Any of these desk/wall/etc. clocks (more than 100 over the last 4 years) that I've made could be re-used in a 964/993.

Interesting silence from Vancouver.....

Andreas
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435

Interesting silence from Vancouver.....

Andreas
Out and about, riding his raspberry roadster?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Andreas--I am thinking (again) and am going to add a rheostat so that I can change the output brightness. I think I should be able to add it to the input line.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Wow...amazing what can happen in a few hours
Old 08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Andreas--I am thinking (again) and am going to add a rheostat so that I can change the output brightness. I think I should be able to add it to the input line.
That's living on the edge!

Andreas
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
paa502
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To reference a pet owners beloved dog is beyond comprehension. The title of the thread is not "How Low Can You Go" but if so, clearly that comment wins.

Yes, RL is an open forum, here's to hoping whathisname finds another.

BTW, hoping to have a AOW clock of my own some day.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Someone PLEASE photchop this douche!!

PLEASE!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 PM
niche
Drifting

Geez, I'm starting to feel a little bad for Mr. Rasberry...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
niche
Drifting

Uh... nevermind... just saw his new Avatar!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 PM
HD964
7th Gear

Good job Andreas look like art for me
Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by paa502
To reference a pet owners beloved dog is beyond comprehension. The title of the thread is not "How Low Can You Go" but if so, clearly that comment wins.

Yes, RL is an open forum, here's to hoping whathisname finds another.

BTW, hoping to have a AOW clock of my own some day.
Yup. Don't f*ck with my friends. Don't f*ck with my dog.
Attached Images                
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 PM
rph60
3rd Gear

Wow, didn't anticipate such a response from such a spineless individual. We know how individuals like yourself prey and take advantage of those less fortunate.

Andreas's work speaks for itself. Out of the 1000's of supportive comment's over the YEARS yours stands by itself. I asked Andreas to use his imagination and go for it. Wow did he come through!! Neither myself or anyone else asked to critique his work. Cost? Who cares? I bet over 99% of those who posted would feel same way I do. I have his creation and you never will. Andreas takes an incredibile amount of pride in his work!

Enough said. Your comments and job description say it all.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:35 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rph60
Wow, didn't anticipate such a response from such a spineless individual. We know how individuals like yourself prey and take advantage of those less fortunate.

Andreas's work speaks for itself. Out of the 1000's of supportive comment's over the YEARS yours stands by itself. I asked Andreas to use his imagination and go for it. Wow did he come through!! Neither myself or anyone else asked to critique his work. Cost? Who cares? I bet over 99% of those who posted would feel same way I do. I have his creation and you never will. Andreas takes an incredibile amount of pride in his work!

Enough said. Your comments and job description say it all.
Robert,
I appreciate the kind words! The warranty on your clock is now ad infinitum.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Andreas Creation