Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 993 For sale on CList in WPB Fl w Hard Back Seats $28K

No affiliation etc. Just seems like a good deal @ $28K

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1871331232.html
Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

that car was on ebay a couple of months back, reserve was set at $21K. I made a deal with the guy, scheduled a PPI in Melbourne, and booked a flight down. The owner was a payload engineer at Cape Canaveral, a well known and respected member of the local PCA chapter there too.

By his description, the car needed nothing. Had 112K on it IIRC, no records, he had owned it for 18 months. Car was incredibly clean, detailed to perfection. The seller was apparently hiding some mechanical issues from me, and got nervous two days before I was scheduled to arrive. He sold the car out from under me locally, to the clown that has it now...for $22K. It was immediately listed on CL that very night for $33K.

The current owner, said a potential buyer came with his mechanic, and took the car for the afternoon. A PPI of unknown detail was performed, the seller told me the psi numbers, and they were all over the place. The car needed motor mounts, and had shifting problems too.

The current owner gave me an unbelieveable story about his supposed ownership history of the car. He knew nothing about the option codes, etc...said "I'm a Ferrari guy, I don't know Porsche's"

I finally had enough of his BS, and told him that I was the guy from NY that he bought the car out from under. I told him, I don't blame him for buying it, but the previous owner for backing out of the deal.

My thinking was, at $21K, even if it needed a top end and clutch, it would be a great car. It is very well eqpt, ABD, LSD, etc.

This clown has $22k into it, unless he has addressed some of the mechanical issues.

just thought you would like to know...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

This clown has $22k into it, unless he has addressed some of the mechanical issues.
no offense intended nor implied against our carnival employeed brethern mentioned above.

I'm ok with clown's, it's the carnie's that creep me out don't ya know...small hands, smell like cabbage

Quick Reply: 96 993 For sale on CList in WPB Fl w Hard Back Seats $28K