Sponsored by:

993 Race/Track Car For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 993 Race/Track Car For Sale

I have received several pm's on my car and hope to sell it to a fellow Rennlister. I am placing my 993 on Ebay to hedge if I fail to sell it to the parties that have expressed interest.

The following is my revised ad (learned even more about the history of my 993):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT

My 993 was fully developed as a race car for Grand Am's Motorola Cup Series (known now as the Continental, formerly Koni Challenge) by acclaimed Fiorano Racing (multiple Daytona 24 Hours Victories) located in Toronto. The primary driver was JF Dumolin (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...umoulin?ref=ts). My research indicates at least one win (Watkins Glen in 2001) and two second place finishes (Daytona in 2000 & Mid-Ohio in 2001) along with a Top 10 in Trois-Rivieres in 2002. JF sent me a note and said this was one of his favorite cars to race during his accomplished career.

The car was then purchased by Knobel Racing located in Toronto and Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Their primary driver was Barry Ellis. Barry raced the 993 in Porsche Club of America and PBOC events collecting multiple class and overall wins as well as setting a PCA record for C stock class at Sebring. Knobel now operates as Ranger Sports Racing campaigning two 997 Porsches in Grand Am's Continental Series.

I met Barry racing aginst him in the Panoz series. I purchased the 993 from him in 2006 after driving the 993 in a private test day at Roebling Road. I had moved into Porsches from Panoz and started racing a 996 Euro Cup Car. After driving the 993, I was hooked. I felt it was a far better car to really learn how to drive and race based on my goals at the time.

Each time I raced the 993, I saw improvement in my skills and enjoyed the car far more than any that I had raced. I set track records at Road Atlanta, Barber Motorsports Park and Mid-Ohio. As I've shared with many, I never get out of the 993 without a smile on my face. The car is classed as an RS by PCA (I have a PCA logbook), now I stock. Yes, it does have a 3.8 (and it's freshly rebuilt).

Since acquiring the 993, I have extensive documentation of all work performed on the car, with a majority of the work done by European Auto Garage ( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...=47&ajaxpipe=1), a business that I co-own with Karl Poeltl, a well-know Porsche, BMW and World Speed Challenge Racer as well as Engineer and owner of Racer's Edge.

I have reciepts of almost $43,000 of work done on the car since I've owned it. This includes a new-rebuilt 3.8 engine and transmission with all steel synchros. I have shopped for race cars in the past and this is a "ready to go" car with all the money spent by me. Business and Economics forces me to sell. I have set a very realistic reserve and can assure the future owner that they are buying this car at a great discount and what I believe to be the fastest 993 stock class car in the US.

This car is street legal and does come with a clear title. I reserve the right to end the auction early. This is a known car across the country and I am speaking to several potential buyers at the time of this post.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Forgot to list price- $55,000.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Bump

Quick Reply: 993 Race/Track Car For Sale