OEM vs, Lloyd mats

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:57 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts
Default OEM vs, Lloyd mats

I'm looking at floor mats and trying to decide between Lloyd and OEM.

So far I see that the backing is different between the two. Any other thing I should be concerned with? Longevity? Ability to stay in place? Anything else?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:04 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good timing on the question. I too am thinking about mats. Was leaning towards the Lloyds since I can get additional script under the Porsche logo and color match as I please.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
SMehder
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to go with the retro look. Consider Coco Mats from www.cocomats.com. I have a set on my 912 and just ordered a set for the 993. Do a search in this forum for pictures of coco mats in other 993's.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

I actually have a pair of front coco mats that came with the car. Not my thing, to put it mildly. If someone wants them very cheap, let me know. They are blue. Black front Lloyds with red Porsche embrojdery will also be available once I decide on which blue mats to purchase.

So... Lloyd or OEM. I lust looked at OEM yesterda and black Lloyds in my car. It seems that OEM has much softer backing. So... longevity and staying in place are the two main questions that I have. Anyone with comments?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SMehder
If you want to go with the retro look. Consider Coco Mats from www.cocomats.com. I have a set on my 912 and just ordered a set for the 993. Do a search in this forum for pictures of coco mats in other 993's.
+1
The cocomats are great. I put a set of #83 Grey & Lt. Grey Dot in a Classic Grey interior. They work perfectly.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
I actually have a pair of front coco mats that came with the car. Not my thing, to put it mildly. If someone wants them very cheap, let me know. They are blue. Black front Lloyds with red Porsche embrojdery will also be available once I decide on which blue mats to purchase.

So... Lloyd or OEM. I lust looked at OEM yesterda and black Lloyds in my car. It seems that OEM has much softer backing. So... longevity and staying in place are the two main questions that I have. Anyone with comments?
the lloyds use the post in the floorboard and don't go anywhere.

The actual weave of the mats are holding up great, but the embroidery gets dirty..very dirty, and I have not found an effective way to clean them.

I prefer them to the OEM product.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

My Lloyds actually have the straps underneath and no holes for the posts. Are they not Lloyds, or did Lloyds change the design?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DocTock993
+1
The cocomats are great. I put a set of #83 Grey & Lt. Grey Dot in a Classic Grey interior. They work perfectly.
I like Cocos too. I have a pair in all black, they're hardly noticeable. Best thing is that dirt falls right thru them (and stays at the bottom since they are rubber sealed)... all you have to do is shake them out, no vacuuming ever needed.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:30 PM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

I have had Lloyds mats in my car for 4 years now, they hold up very well. They fit the car perfectly and have the correct hole in the mat to secure them to the floorboard fastener. No problems with them at all.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know FD Motorsports now carries them and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are now licensed by Porsche.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:40 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

All good info, but... how do they compare to OEM if anyone had both in their car?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:21 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have OEM blue mats in my C4 and took them out, tired of them moving around. Put Lloyds in the turbo and they are great and they don't move.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
SMehder
Instructor

Originally Posted by DocTock993
+1
That is the same that I just ordered. With the same interior. I am very happy with the Coco Mats in my 912, although they are not light, but I guess that is why they stay put.

I have to agree that the LLoyd Mats with the script look good, but I was going for the old school look without trying to be too retro. I saw a Dino yesterday with Coco's and it looked perfect.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SC2993
I have had Lloyds mats in my car for 4 years now, they hold up very well. They fit the car perfectly and have the correct hole in the mat to secure them to the floorboard fastener. No problems with them at all.
I've got the Lloyd's with the hole for the floorboard fastener, but it seems like the plastic plug is not long enough to go through the mat and the carpet. did you remove the carpet to make this work?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
My Lloyds actually have the straps underneath and no holes for the posts. Are they not Lloyds, or did Lloyds change the design?
Lloyd only uses the straps on earlier cars that don;t have the post.
I like Lloyd over OE... more choices in material. I used their TruBerber in my cab and like it in that car. Pretty tough carpet.
The Ultimat material is the most popular by far.

Originally Posted by kcwsJim
I've got the Lloyd's with the hole for the floorboard fastener, but it seems like the plastic plug is not long enough to go through the mat and the carpet. did you remove the carpet to make this work?
There is a longer plastic nut... I can check and see if I have extra if you like. I think I have a couple.
If not, I am sure I can get Llloyd to send us some.

Quick Reply: OEM vs, Lloyd mats