Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the Wiring experts (ECU Upgrade)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010 | 10:57 PM
trophy
Race Car

Default Question for the Wiring experts (ECU Upgrade)

I am working on the install of my latest upgrade (aftermarket ECU, Wide Band O2 sensor etc) and have a fairly basic question.

Where is the best place / way to run wires from the engine bay through to the cabin? I have to run wires to a MAP sensor as well as the Wideband O2 controller, in total I have a bundle of 9 wires plus 2 USB type cables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Old 07-18-2010 | 01:52 AM
Warpig
Pro

Maybe someone has a better idea but the only path I can think of without major surgery to the glued in carpet inside the car would be to follow the battery cables up the center tunnel under the car. You could put them into the cabin near the e-brake or all the way up to the front with the battery cables then split them off and up under the top half of the dash. To get them to the lower dash area either go up under the center console and run them forward or you will have to drill a hole in the firewall in the front to get them to the lower dash area from the trunk area. If you keep the center tunnel cover on under the car they will be protected from the elements. Please someone chime in and tell me I'm wrong and there is a better way and share. I'd like to know the best way to get wires from the back to the front too.

Nick
Old 07-18-2010 | 11:41 PM
trophy
Race Car

Thanks nick, will have to have a look and see what sort of room there is there....

Quick Reply: Question for the Wiring experts (ECU Upgrade)