Sponsored by:

Can someone tell me where this vac line goes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Can someone tell me where this vac line goes

Can someone /w a Varioram engined car tell me where the vacuum line circled in red goes?

According to the manual & docs http://www.pcarworkshop.com/images/b...uum_lines_.pdf , it should go directly to the fuel pressure regulator.

However, in my car and in the reference pics posted on pcarworkshop shows it going to a 4-way junction which eventually go to the fuel pressure regulator.

If you can just check real quick and tell me what you see, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
anthony
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
guards red
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That one goes to the fuel pressure regulator I believe. It's on the end of the fuel rail under your missing engine fan blower. On a Varioram the four way connector is for the varioram solenoids (1), the resonance flap (1), the solenoid for the fresh air flap (1) and finally one blocked off for Porsche vacuum test gear. The tube you highlight goes straight to the regulator as it needs a simple a supply as possible and doesn't need to be connected to the rest of the vacuum system and thus subject to failure.

Hope that helps
GR

PS I think 29 on the vacuum diagram is the metal manifold. Thus in that diagram it does go directly to the regulator.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
axl911
Drifting

The diagram and what you're saying is true (it goes to the fuel pres regulator), but my car is not hooked up that way.

I want to confirm that other 993s are hooked up from that point straight to the regulator. Can someone visually verify this for me?

Originally Posted by guards red
That one goes to the fuel pressure regulator I believe. It's on the end of the fuel rail under your missing engine fan blower. On a Varioram the four way connector is for the varioram solenoids (1), the resonance flap (1), the solenoid for the fresh air flap (1) and finally one blocked off for Porsche vacuum test gear. The tube you highlight goes straight to the regulator as it needs a simple a supply as possible and doesn't need to be connected to the rest of the vacuum system and thus subject to failure.

Hope that helps
GR

PS I think 29 on the vacuum diagram is the metal manifold. Thus in that diagram it does go directly to the regulator.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
guards red
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine is.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 PM
axl911
Drifting

Thanks! Looking at the vacuum line pdf, one of the line goes to an "anti-run-on valve" part #28, what is that?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
axl911
Drifting

Okay. I reran the regulator straight to the vram intake, and capped two ports on the 4 way junction.

I am getting consistent vacuum to the vram switch, resonance flap, and fron ac flap. The car seemed to run better too.

THANKS!!!

Quick Reply: Can someone tell me where this vac line goes