Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its official...............I'm coming out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Its official...............I'm coming out!

..............................To southern California, what did you expect?

It would seem, after a L.............O............N............G series of grueling coordination sequences, extended PPI times (car has been at the shop 5 weeks now), re-negotiations with the seller, re-scheduling flights and other arrangements (couldn't do most of it without the help of our fellow brethren, and all around great guy Chuck W.) we are finally on track to come to LA next week to cement a deal on a low miles 96 Polar Silver Cab.
I will wait until the car gets back to NC to introduce it with pics and full details (I've been in suspense for months, you guys can wait a couple weeks )

We'll be in LA from Thursday eve (the 10th) until Sunday morn. (13th).

Would love to get a few people together, take a nice drive Saturday, maybe do lunch? Was hoping to stay longer, but have to get back to my daughter's graduation from 5th grade and into middle school (they grow so fast)

Paging Mr. Walrod, Mr. Sun, Martin....... everyone else that I've been chatting with over the years and feel like I know but never met, and of course all the new guys who I don't know at all

We'll be at Chuck's in Agorha Hills (sp?) to keep things simple, maybe we can head North from there? You guys know better than I

See ya next week
Old 06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,098 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Congrats Chris! Best of luck with the travels. Have a great time in SoCal. Are you driving it back? If so, head up the cost and come visit us in Vancouver. Maybe you can hang out for Mike J's BBQ...
Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Nope, ship'g it back. Would have loved to drive it leisurely back, but almost as soon as I get back from LA, we are leaving for about a week for a 40th B-day trip for me (wife is taking me somewhere, all I know is its the Caribbean somewhere......and don't care, its away from home!). Plus with my daughter's ceremony on Monday, there's no time to drive. Best I'll get is cruise around SoCal for a day and a half before we leave and it gets on a truck. Would love to come up to BC this time of year.....not in the cards this time though.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
993inNC
Race Car

So in all of LA is no one available this coming Saturday?
Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
dcdude
Drifting

If you like donuts, there's a San Gabriel Valley PCA Cars and Coffee next Saturday in Industry:

Krispy Kreme Donuts 1548 S. Azusa Ave, City of Industry, 8:00 a.m.

That may be the best way to meet Robin in the flesh....he'll be the one in the Ferrari Chris is out there too, but he may be in Japan.

Otherwise, I could trek up to meet the great Chuck W. in Agoura. Never have. You may want to do a separate post with a specific date and location in the subject line. There's some great driving near Chuck in the Santa Monica Mountains: Mulholland Drive, Rock Store, etc. Although summer afternoons are crowded, crazy and crawling with cops. If you have that in mind, 6:30 a.m is best.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude
If you like donuts, there's a San Gabriel Valley PCA Cars and Coffee next Saturday in Industry:

Krispy Kreme Donuts 1548 S. Azusa Ave, City of Industry, 8:00 a.m.

That may be the best way to meet Robin in the flesh....he'll be the one in the Ferrari Chris is out there too, but he may be in Japan.
Only a 54 mile drive. Might be a good call. Easy drive in the morning. Or is it just the donuts that I am craving.....

Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
993inNC
Race Car

If nothing else we were considering heading down that general direction anyway. I love 74 out of Capistrano towards Elsinore. We almost moved over that way back in 2000 and its been a while since either of us have been down there, so we thought about taking a cruise down, then down through Temecula, over to Oceanside and back up the slow way through Long beach and coastal communities.....but open to suggestions
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 AM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC
If nothing else we were considering heading down that general direction anyway. I love 74 out of Capistrano towards Elsinore. We almost moved over that way back in 2000 and its been a while since either of us have been down there, so we thought about taking a cruise down, then down through Temecula, over to Oceanside and back up the slow way through Long beach and coastal communities.....but open to suggestions
Let me know if you do the whole Temecula / Oceanside thing. Would love to head up the 15 to Temecula for a cold beer, just 30-40 mins for me.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:31 AM
993inNC
Race Car

will do. Will all depend on timing. Hoping to put a bunch of miles on the car before it loads on the transport. Probably the only time I'll enjoy driving it I don't even drive mine anymore, there's really nowhere other than the track to really flog it.
Follow this and Chuck's thread, I'm sure we'll use them to plan and announce what we'll do.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

OK It's Saturday morning. Chris and his wife will bead out early to San Gabriel Valley PCA Cars and Coffee in Industry: Krispy Kreme Donuts 1548 S. Azusa Ave, City of Industry, 8:00 a.m. with me following. From there they'll head south and I believe they'll make it to Dana Point. Great weather for his cab.

Quick Reply: Its official...............I'm coming out!