993 Forum 1995-1998

Lubro Moly Engine Flush

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:36 PM
GS Lee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lubro Moly Engine Flush

Has anyone used Lubro Moly Engine Flush prior to oil chnge.

I always use both the injector cleaner and the valve cleaner but have never used this nor seen it recommended.

My thoughts were that this may be good for a garage queen like my 97 with 20,000 miles.

Any thoughts...

GS
Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

JMHO, but I'd suggest not using an engine cleaning product in your car.

These are best suited for high-mileage engines and do carry some risk for dislodging engine deposits that turn up inside unintended places such as crankshaft oil passages (they are very small) and in the spray bars that lubricate the camshafts and rockers.

The best thing to do is perform regular, frequent oil changes using a good product well suited for these engines. Doing so will negate the need for Engine Flushes.

I would keep using the Jectron and Ventil Sauber products as they help keep the injectors clean and control carbon deposits on the backs of the valves.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:46 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
The best thing to do is perform regular, frequent oil changes using a good product well suited for these engines. Doing so will negate the need for Engine Flushes.
What I do. I use quality oil and perform engine oil changes based on driving habits (short distances, winter, etc).

Nobody here seems to use Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner. Supposedly recommended by a few major manufacturers.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
GS Lee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THanks for the help.

GS
Old 06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 707 Likes on 316 Posts

Alex, I use Techron all the time. Just added a bottle prior to my trip this weekend to Lime Rock.

I like the Swepco oil. Steve W. duccumented a 8hp gain in a 3.2 motor against the leading synthetic Porsche wants you to use.

Rich
Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a fan of oil flush additives largely because I'm not sure you ever get it all out with a single drain and fill. Especially on the 993 there are various places oil doesn't all get drained out in a normal oil change so some of the flush is going to be left behind. Maybe it's not enough to matter but for me I'll just stick to good oil and let the detergents already in it do their job.

Quick Reply: Lubro Moly Engine Flush