Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 98 Cab, $99,000

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Priceless
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please pass the "J", I think he's had too much! It must be some good stuff though
Old 07-25-2010, 03:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Purple or pink carpet? WTFingF?!? Has anyone ever seen another 993 with pink/purple carpet?
Actually, I think that is the standard carpet for the Classic Grey interior.

I've seen these types of photo's before with this interior color because the different materials used like hard plastics (defroster vent) and carpet seem to show more of a redish tint even in person, but not as much as some camera's digital color meters decide to enhance. My cab has classic grey interior and the carpet and hard parts inside the car definitely push the red spectrum more than the leatherette and leather pieces and it was also ordered with some exclusive options that are similar to this car but not quite so extreme, like an aluminum/chrome look package that included a shifter/e-brake in aluminum and carbon fiber with black leather instead of classic grey. I imagine the logic at the time was to 'pick up' the black leatherette panels used on the center dash panels on my car because the top dash pad and lower kick pad are Classic Grey and IMHO it works well. I think that's where the O.P. of this car 'Jumped the Shark' when they ordered a black dash top pad with classic grey leather wrapped vent ducts and then capped the doors in black leather as well. It's too busy. It would be a shame to re-do a factory interior job like this, but I think I would recover the dash top and door tops in Classic Grey and have the base door panels recovered in black leather to "fix it" for my eyes .... Another small pittance after spending HOW MUCH just for the car ????
Old 07-25-2010, 03:58 PM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cactus
There is not much I like about that car.
+1!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:50 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Radio toggle paint worn away ...????

O.k., one more question please. How do you wear away the black finish on the volume and station toggle switches on a German Becker radio after only 2 thousand plus miles??? Are they really that fragile???

Last edited by JPP; 07-25-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: hm. forgot picture ..:-)
Old 07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Ducky993
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
O.k., one more question please. How do you wear away the black finish on the volume and station toggle switches on a German Becker radio after only 2 thousand plus miles??? Are they really that fragile???

I think it's the flash.. Unless the car was never driven, but rockstars had parties in it every night for the last 12 years.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPP

That does look like wear and very strange for those miles unless the hifi was faulty and replaced.

Just noticed the massive price reduction. Initially 99k now 69.

Quick Reply: FS: 98 Cab, $99,000