Sponsored by:

Speedo Lens

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:27 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo Lens

When I got my car, one of the first things I noticed were splotches on the "glass" of the speedo. I got out my handy arsenal of products and left it no better than it was. I then thought maybe the spots were on the inside. Today, I wanted to resolve this before I put on my new bling rings and I pulled the gauge, worked off the rim only to find the blemishes are NOT on the inside and that the material is actually plastic! (Seems like the rest are glass). I had an idea that maybe I can find some place that will cut a circle in glass for me. The complication is there are two small tabs that I think would be hard to duplicate in glass. (Maybe I don't really need those anyway). I think drilling a hole for the odometer reset would be a problem, but what the heck do I know? Maybe I will have to replace with plastic. Can anyone recommend a repair, or suggest a source for a replacement in either glass or plastic? TIA
Old 05-16-2010, 03:44 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Meguire's Plastx

~or~

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...more-pics.html
Originally Posted by P1CR
New tach face by North Hollywood Speedometer. They gave me a glass lens for my speedo as well.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Mr. Hombre,
Contact North Hollywood Speedometer. They offer a glass lens and will install it for a reasonable amount. Not sure if they would sell just the lens, but it's worth a call (since you have the instrument open).

Ask for Becky - I've dealt with her over the course of having 80 or 90 clocks refur'b.

Andreas
Old 05-16-2010, 07:24 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for the reply Porsche-o-philes! MC: the product did the trick! Now I can add the savings to my fund to own a piece of Mr. Andreas' art!

Quick Reply: Speedo Lens