Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a Diffrence between M030 & RS Sway Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:31 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a Diffrence between M030 & RS Sway Bars?

Is there a Diffrence between M030 & RS Sway Bars?

Should I get thicker sway bars when I do my coilovers?
How hard is it to install the front sway, because I read before it is a pain.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Front sway is a pain. Warmup with some pilates and yoga first. Hint: drop the right ball joint at the outboard end of the a-arm.

Cheap and cheerful approach is an M030 front sway and a rear euro turbo sway. Do a search, there's tons on this. Matched with coilovers IMHO this is fine for street use and occasional DEs.

If you're seriously tracking the car or simply want more adjustability you may want the RS bars (5 hole front, 3 hole rear), but keep in mind that they're a) stupidly expensive and b) I believe the rear bars are currently listed as NLA - which given Porsche's usual pattern with parts for our cars means a wait of several/many months.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:39 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Front sway is a pain. Warmup with some pilates and yoga first. Hint: you'll need to drop the right ball joint/a-arm.

Cheap and cheerful approach is an M030 front sway and a rear euro turbo sway. Do a search, there's tons on this. Matched with coilovers IMHO this is fine for street use and occasional DEs.

If you're seriously tracking the car or simply want more adjustability you may want the RS bars (5 hole front, 3 hole rear), but keep in mind that they're a) stupidly expensive and b) I believe the rear bars are currently listed as NLA - which given Porsche's usual pattern with parts for our cars means a wait of several/many months.
Well, thread complete then

+1
Nailed it
Old 05-11-2010, 12:54 AM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. Will I notice a diffrence switching out front and rear bars?
How much bigger are they then the stock ones?

Also, There is a bolt in the Lower rear suspension arm on the drivers side that always gives me trouble.
it is the arm that bolts to the bottom of the shock and goes to the crossmember, it is the crossmember side where it gives me a problem. I cant get it out because the rear sway bar & Heat exchanger are in the way. is there a way around this? there are no pics of that bolt in the suspension diy.

Quick Reply: Is there a Diffrence between M030 & RS Sway Bars?