Water In Rear Passenger Footwell

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Jon Davis
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water In Rear Passenger Footwell

Chaps,

Firstly . . . the car is RHD, being a blighty 993 owner.

So, when it rains really hard and there are floods on the roads I have real trouble with water ingress into the rear passenger footwell (LHS). I have had the carpet up and have chucked the sound deadening away (it is knackered anyway) but I cannot see where the water is coming from . . . it definately isn't dripping down from above as my little boy would have mentioned it! I have hosed the car from every angle, other than the one that causes the ingress it seems, and I cannot recreate the fault!

Any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check the rear wheel wells.

There is a seam that is sealed but in some cars ends up leaking. Not a big deal to fix but of course can be a pain to find if you don't know what you're looking for.

Search for water leak, wheel area or something like that, there has been threads regarding this before.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Above info is a good place to start. Take out the wheel arch liners - easy job and inspect all seams etc. whilst they are out you can have a good inspectrion and general tidy up.

Check also that the sunroof drain holes are not blocked - they exit under the engine lid, two holes on each side. If these get blocked water will bypass them behind the trim and settle in the footwell.

I think this problem has been covered many times (also on 911UK) and seems to afflict earlier cars as well.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not in Nashville are you?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:00 PM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Could be the rear window... I had water running all the way to the back seats, wouldn't be surprised if the water could go a little bit further to the rear foot area.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Well... I guess your car became the H2O model !
Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zingari
Above info is a good place to start. Take out the wheel arch liners - easy job and inspect all seams etc. whilst they are out you can have a good inspectrion and general tidy up.

Check also that the sunroof drain holes are not blocked - they exit under the engine lid, two holes on each side. If these get blocked water will bypass them behind the trim and settle in the footwell.

I think this problem has been covered many times (also on 911UK) and seems to afflict earlier cars as well.

This happened to me. I'd bet money that is your problem.

Quick Reply: Water In Rear Passenger Footwell