Sponsored by:

Opinions on this Sport Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
ToniPalermo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this Sport Muffler

I'm looking for an upgrade to the exhaust sound of my cab. Fister Stage III's would be great but I would have to ship the original mufflers over from Hong Kong and in the process take my car off the road for some time. Came across these sport mufflers from Maxspeed

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/993mufflers.html

The price is tempting... but only if it makes a noticeable difference to the sound. Any opinions, experiences you can share?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:13 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Won't FDM just charge you for cores and then re-imburse when you send them back your old mufflers?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know anything about those but I can tell you at the track yesterday I had many compliments on the sound coming out of my Fister Stage III's. Having tried 3 prevous systems there really is no comparison.

With the exception of maybe the RSR's? I have not found another system that has zero drone like the Fister's.

Maybe they can send you mufflers before you send the cores? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by daltvater; 04-30-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:45 PM
FD Motorsports
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 89 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, we can certainly do the core exchange so you don't have any down time except for swapping the mufflers out. I am on the look out for a set of cores for Toni as well, so he can buy a set outright and not have to pay the shipping back to the US.

Darin Fister

Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 AM
ToniPalermo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm convinced... Why trying out an unknown sport muffler and risk disappointment. It has to be stage III's! Darin, hope you can get a used muffler and do your magic and I send over my parts right away after swapping them out.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:32 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

It’s a year or so after enhancing my 993s exhaust by way of the LMPP mod. (Me thinks that’s what it is called) It’s the mod where adding a 2.5: diameter connecting pipe in effect short circuits the actual muffler can. The cost was under $200 all toll IIRC and that’s with a hand full of new Porsche dealer sourced hardware; much could have simply been reused, however I choose to refresh the hardware.

I’m not knocking the original RSRs or the best on the scene Fister Stage IIIs - I’m just saying. (maybe I should get out more often, eh? I once had straight Yoshimura headers on a MY75 Z1 900cc Kawasaki)

Last edited by M. Schneider; 05-01-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this Sport Muffler