Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c2 won't start.. dme?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 347 Posts

If the DME relay jumper doesn't work, jack the car up, pull the cover off the fuel pump and use a volt meter across the fuel pump leads to determine if the pump is getting juice. If it is getting juice and the pump isn't running, then either your pump is bad or when you last shut down the engine, the fuel pump motor stopped on a "dead spot" and simply isn't spinning the impeller (Not likely, but possible...It happened to me).
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Before you DO ANYTHING, check the positive battery terminal. Not the 13mm nut, but the 10mm nut. That cable feeds something to do with the fuel pump.
Only last week the same thing happened too me, new DME, check this check that. It was a loose cable.
Check it first. Might be the problem.
GL
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
If the DME relay jumper doesn't work, jack the car up, pull the cover off the fuel pump and use a volt meter across the fuel pump leads to determine if the pump is getting juice. If it is getting juice and the pump isn't running, then either your pump is bad or when you last shut down the engine, the fuel pump motor stopped on a "dead spot" and simply isn't spinning the impeller (Not likely, but possible...It happened to me).
already did that, the fuel pump was not getting power.
Originally Posted by 993MAN
Before you DO ANYTHING, check the positive battery terminal. Not the 13mm nut, but the 10mm nut. That cable feeds something to do with the fuel pump.
Only last week the same thing happened too me, new DME, check this check that. It was a loose cable.
Check it first. Might be the problem.
GL
You are good. That actually was the problem.. finally figured it out today. One of the terminals wasn't tight enough and both terminals needed a good cleaning with the wire brush. Started right up, let it run for 20 minutes. Plenty of lifter noise at first, but eventually it all went away. Car sounds great!

Thanks guys for your input and help!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:39 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So 12 quarts into a cold motor was no issue? I would have thought it would be puking oil.

If I waisted your time, consider it pay back for the time I waisted looking at your avatar.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

haha
the 12 quarts was not a problem. Keep in mind, the system was completely drained.. including the oil cooler and lines

Quick Reply: c2 won't start.. dme?