993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Market Newsletter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Porsche Market Newsletter?

Is it a valuable enough tool to subscribe to, when searching for a 993?

The Feb 2010 issue is available on-line to review, and it apperas to have a few different cars than I have seen elsewhere.

Did I just answer my own question?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

has anyone here used this as a search tool? Maybe now with the on-line version, it will become available to everyone across the country simultaneously.

I just don't believe that any monthly publication-can keep up with how fast the great examples of these cars sell.

What would motivate a seller to advertise in this publication alone, and not simultaneously in other's?

The market valuation track, is interesting...but I don't even see the 993 model designation in the pull down menu on the home page.

Anyway...bump for thought's, experience
Old 04-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

I have very little experience with PML, and that was with the old print version.

My experience is that it did not become widespread enough to be an accurate representation of the actual market. It may be better now, (or not) but I think Autotrader gets MUCH greater exposure, and thus is a better representation of the market.

Plus, Autotrader is free to search. I noticed that even Truspeed places their cars in Autotrader, as do a number of other local re-sellers.

Personally, I would not invest in a PML subscription.

Quick Reply: Porsche Market Newsletter?