Sponsored by:

Fister Stage 2 Review & Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by irideducs
Question Darin. JBH has a widebody -- does this picture mean that you now have widebody tips, or are they just for show (or does the euro bumper make a difference)?
Those tips are NB tips. He is only getting the mufflers. I took that pic for a promo photo to show the black ceramic finish. I have constructed the wide body exhaust tip jigs and actually made a set, but they are not in production as of yet, due to time constraints Here is a pic of the prototype set.
Attached Images   
Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irideducs
I recently purchased a set of stock cores on eBay and sent them to Darin for his Stage 2 and Cermachrome magic. Received last Monday, installed Friday, and thoroughly tested over the weekend.

Like many on the list, I struggled with the Stage 2 vs. 3 decision. Before p-cars (and kids), I was deep into Ducatis -- all with thumping aftermarket pipes. Of course these bikes are great on the track and in the twisties, but I had just as much fun cruising along in the low gears and listening to the beautiful exhaust music. I love my C4S, but longed for more than my stock Motorsound exhaust could deliver without annoying my wife and kids who ride with me about 50% of the time. I settled for 2s.

This is a good kind of settling. Darin's craftsmanship is truly beautiful and I had a huge grin on my face after hearing them for the first time. At idle, they are not noticeably louder than the Motorsounds, but the note is lower and a little more mechanical. They are definitely meaner under throttle and I got looks (good and bad) when getting on it from a stop when pedestrians were around. My wife and kids were fine with the louder note and cruising along in low gear with the windows down is fun again.

The negative -- I am more frustrated than I was before. My kids won't let me keep the windows down for any length of time and the car is, for occupants, no louder than stock with the windows up. I also took a nice long drive at highway speeds with the windows down and the wind noise numbed my hearing to the point that I thought my Stage 2s were broken! What happend to that tasty growl?

Darin, I will pay anything for a Stage 2 / 3 with a switch that I could flip when I am hearing impaired or by myself and no one else is listening. In the meantime, I have loaded a Fister exhaust soundtrack on my iPod to play when I am in my glass prison.

The good news is that my huge grin returns each time I start the car -- windows down, of course.

I posted a "before and after" video on YouTube -- attached below. Search "Porsche Motorsound versus Fister Stage 2 Exhaust " if it doesn't work. Thanks again Darin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98XeQXan3Q
I actually had the IIIs and switched to the IIs. I love them both, it just depends on your personality and what you are looking for. The question of IIs or IIIS will linger for ever. It cannot be answered, simply!!!!

Do I love my IIs: YES
Do I miss the IIIs sometimes: YES
Do I want to switch back to IIS: NO

to the OP, I noticed that my IIs took a little time to break in, and sound even better now!

enjoy....
Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 PM
TURBO-951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy with my III's and by far the best upgrade for the money !!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put on Stage IIs a few weeks back and love them. My wife always knows when I am coming home. I see her lover jumping the back fence before I ever get to the drive
Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by larpy
I put on Stage IIs a few weeks back and love them. My wife always knows when I am coming home. I see her lover jumping the back fence before I ever get to the drive
Chris, that is so wrong.......funny, but sooooooo wrong!

Quick Reply: Fister Stage 2 Review & Video