Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another C4S...sold cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's priced at $34k for a reason. Either it has issues, or to start a bidding war.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
It's priced at $34k for a reason. Either it has issues, or to start a bidding war.
well, if it had issues, and deposit #1 backed out...deposit #2 is on this board and has already posted as much.

No bidding war took place as far as I can tell. While the eventual Ca buyer was first to the phone, I called very shortly thereafter and no deposit was in hand at that time. Sunday afternoon when I follow up, the salesman told me two deposits were in hand, and they had my contact info also.

Hindsight being what it is and all...AR not being my favorite color and all. I hesitated on the car because I have been chatting up another Rl'er about the possible sale of his car. When hypothetically comparing each car, I was leaning toward the other and not the C4S.

In all actuality, while I believe the Rl'er's car will become available soon, I still don't have a price on it...and therefore don't even know if it is in my price range or not.

I'm no different than many/all others looking...more car for the money, that's what we all want. A nice well sorted, and cared for WB, at NB prices. I have a running list of C2S and C4S cars that have changed hands in the last 4-5 months-most linked thru this site. The current trend for cars that sell, is $32-35K, with mileage as high as 90K, and as low as 54K. Yes, I know there are others that have sold at much higher prices, but this is a solid sample none the less.

The next time I talk to a salesman about a WB car priced aggressively, and there ain't a deposit on it...there soon will be. I will not hesitate again.

Deposits can be returned, but there ain't no do-overs.

What's that old expression, always the bridesmaid...nope, ain't gonna happen
Old 04-13-2010, 12:29 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Hindsight being what it is and all...AR not being my favorite color and all. I hesitated on the car because I have been chatting up another Rl'er about the possible sale of his car.
I love a great "deal" much more than the average guy, but I advise to hold out for at least one of your top three colors. I was tempted to compromise on that most often.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:32 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 240 Posts

Yeah, Arena Red and Classsic Gray.... it blows as a color combo.
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see it is still for sale as noted by the sellers web page. I have a 150k C4S 1996 that is ratty but runs great with new PSS10s and new rotors and pads but I have a new post re it's parking brake pad system. Also it weeps some oil (never on the ground) oil around cyl 3. Could use a re-seal. Last head job was at 65k. Goes through a qt oil about every 3 to 4 k. And of course the SAI system is clogged and so I make sure the sweet spot for sensor readiness and mileage wise is happening before I take it for State inspections. Patrick
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
ryguy993
Racer

This car is exactly what I was looking for! I can't beleive that I missed it by minutes. I can only hope that one like this will come along very soon. I saw the car in person and it seemed to run very well. I did have a chance to see the carfax and it did note a mileage discrepancy back in the late 90's. It was inspected with 11,000 miles and then when the title was issued it stated 7500 miles. Not a real big issue but all in all this C4S seemed to be in order.
The dealer really didn't seem to want to sell the car either. I thought at first that they had realized they underpriced the car and were telling people they had deposits on it to pull it off the market and raise the price. Well I guess we'll see what happens.
If the CA buyer is on Rennlist please let us know what you think of the sweet deal you got! Anyway if you are a rennlist'er take some awesome photos of it when you get it and good luck!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Default hopefully, there will be more

the owner of the dealership told me today, that all the paperwork for the sale had been completed. the new owner-whom he wouldn't identify, wasn't getting a PPI done local. Car is awaiting shipping.

Dealership owner says "technically" the car is still for available, since it's still at the dealership..., although he see's no reason why the sale wouldn't be completed. He would NOT entertain higher offers. He told me he has been in business..for whatever # of years, and he simply doesn't do that.

Yea, nice car for sure. Hey, Rhode Island guy...I sent you a pm about your search

GL
Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by mike cap
Yeah, Arena Red and Classsic Gray.... it blows as a color combo.
Great looking car. To me however, grey plastic just looks cheap compared to Black plastic. Thats why I couldn't do a grey interior!
Derek
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Better or for worse...this Porsche is a Canadian (Toronto) 993, hence the euro bumpers and ROW ride height. The buyer is a young guy from Dallas who will flip the car for around $40K in a couple of weeks. There are virtually no service records for the car and the dealer's reputation in the area is less than stellar. No doubt the car would have needed at least a few thousand worth of work. The buyer does his own work. At $34k it was a very good deal; at $40k it will be priced market right assuming there are no major issues.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 607 Posts

Canadian cars got the same ride height and bumpers as US cars...
Old 04-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zedder
Canadian cars got the same ride height and bumpers as US cars...
That's what I thought. NA and ROW.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
ryguy993
Racer

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
Better or for worse...this Porsche is a Canadian (Toronto) 993, hence the euro bumpers and ROW ride height. The buyer is a young guy from Dallas who will flip the car for around $40K in a couple of weeks. There are virtually no service records for the car and the dealer's reputation in the area is less than stellar. No doubt the car would have needed at least a few thousand worth of work. The buyer does his own work. At $34k it was a very good deal; at $40k it will be priced market right assuming there are no major issues.
If the Texas buyer is going to sell this car in a few weeks I am definetly still interested! Deadhead1960, if you know this person please tell them to contact me regarding the possibility of a sale. This was the exact color combo I have been looking for in a 993. I was the second deposit on this car and I would love to have a second chance at owning it. Maybe my luck is turning around??

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 04-18-2010, 10:53 AM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Texas buyer = Victory Motor Cars?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

the dealer in Framingham, Ma specifically said."gentleman or buyer, from California" every time. When I first called, prior to any deposit taken-salesman said he was taking pictures for a gentleman in Ca. who was interested.

Follow up call, deposit taken from buyer in Ca. A few days later, dealership owner told me the contract for sale to the Ca. guy was complete, car was awaiting shipping.

I'm kinda confused-also don't really care, but...the dealer/salesman would have no reason to lie or misrepresent about where the buyer was from.

Maybe they were simply confusing things???

Or maybe just one lie or misrepresentation about that specific car, just rolled into another?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being a dealer...puts you in an even more powerful position...dcdude
Perhaps, but I just spoke to a salesman at a Vancouver indie dealership, and they have quit buying U.S. 993's, due to the risk factor. They will still buy cars that are close by, if they can look at them before purchase.

Quick Reply: another C4S...sold cheap