Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone have the RS carpet kit PDF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default does anyone have the RS carpet kit PDF?

After searching pelican and rennlist, I've come up with nothing, not even a DIY on installing an RS carpet kit in a 993/964. Does anyone do the install themselves? What's the deal? Looking for a diagram or PDF showing which pieces go where. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 AM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just sent your an album of some of my pics. I just took my time and went slow, it makes sense once you get going.

I'm over in Ballard if you want to check mine out as reference.

Dan
Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

I just did mine, the 964/993 kit are different from 911 because of the console and there are 2 different ways of laying out the rear seat area.

Mostly it'e straight forward, follow you nose

On mine I did the sides first, my kit used 1 piece from the front foot well to the rear deck

next the center console, from front to rear

next the rear yoke over the hump

next the rear sides, here I used .25" jute underlayment, ~1sq yd total

last the carpeted deck, for the deck I used .125' mylar sheet insulation for stiffness(the wiring is tough on more flexible material), .5" jute over that on horiz. & vert wall, then added .25" jute on the horizontal. The edges of the carpet were wrapped around the underlayment board making a removable 1 piece mat). The whole unit held down by double sided carpet tape(to allow access to the wiring on the rear deck) and the al. side trim plates

be aware that there are 2 styles of yoke sand several ways to do the seam between the rear wall and sides

Jeff Smiths stock 993RS, note how the carpet is bound all around the sides and bottom, at the rear there is a cloth apron the abuts the window area

MJBs modded rear area, the hump yoke is stock, sides and rear are MJB custom design, Mike cut and custom bound all of the carpet so his layout is a little different, he folded the carpet around the edges of the foam underlayment where the sides and rear meet

Mine w/ the older style 911 RS hump yoke(JMO but I like this design best),

Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys

Those pictures are helpful, but my kit has way more pieces than that, i'm not sure why. THere are a few pieces and I'm pretty confused about. Oh well

This picture doesn't even show all of it!

Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM
daltvater
Pro

Looks like my Appbiz kit. if you want me to swing by and show you what goes where, I'd be happy to help. I'm free all week.

Dan
Old 03-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

That would be great - Would you like to meet me in Magnolia in an hour or two? I PM'ed you my cell, just text or call me

Thanks Dan
Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
daltvater
Pro

Originally Posted by abt cup
That would be great - Would you like to meet me in Magnolia in an hour or two? I PM'ed you my cell, just text or call me

Thanks Dan
Stuck in meetings today, anytime tomorrow works for me. I'll give you a call later today.

Dan

Quick Reply: does anyone have the RS carpet kit PDF?