Sponsored by:

Looking for small interior parts... and sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 03:47 AM
NeufCentOnze
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for small interior parts... and sport seats

I would like to replace the 2 central console pieces that hold the switches (in front of the gear shift). The plastic stubs at the back that are supposed to hold the metal clips are broken on one side and the parts are staying in place but not fully secure. Not sure of the cause of these stubs being broken but strongly suspect that somebody - previous owner, careless mechanic.. - has tried to remove the console tops the wrong way.

These simple parts cost an arm and a leg from the dealer. Would anybody have spares to sell or be able to recommend a good source (dismantler?). (Edit: required color is black, part numbers are #964 552 135 01 1DB and #993 632 271 00)

While I am at it I will also ask if anybody would know how to source a pair of hard back sport seats in any leather color. My intention would be to re-upholster them in boxster red which is my interior color (and which I know I have ~0% chance of finding). Hence the leather condition does not matter but the metal, plastic and mechanical & electrical parts in the seats have to be in good condition.

Chris

Last edited by NeufCentOnze; 03-20-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:41 PM
NeufCentOnze
Rennlist Member

Simply overwhelmed by the answers so far.

I contacted a few dismantlers and got one positive response only. I can get the lower console cover for US100 (about 1/3 of price new). Still would be a risk on the condition or even color...

I plan to investigate if I can simply glue back a stub substitute where the original ones were broken. Since it is at the back of the console cover, it will not show.

Chris
Old 03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

I believe that eBay has these quite often and fairly cheap.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris,

Give me until Monday, I can probably help you out with the 2 pieces.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:40 PM
NeufCentOnze
Rennlist Member

Mike S. and MJ.,
Thanks for helping. I'd rather buy something from a Rennlister than venture on e-Bay, if I have a choice.
Chris
Old 03-20-2010, 03:54 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to pay $75 from LAPD (LA Porsche Dismantler...now LA Dismantler). You could just replace the top one, since it overlaps the bottom one and locks it into place.

The one I got was STILL slightly cracked at the same point that my original tabs broke. I reinforced it with epoxy before installing it. Superglue did NOT stick to the plastic at all.

Quick Reply: Looking for small interior parts... and sport seats