Sponsored by:

Attn So. Cal. denizens / LAX memorabilia show info? PHOTO'S ATTACHED

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 574 Posts
Default Attn So. Cal. denizens / LAX memorabilia show info? PHOTO'S ATTACHED

Do any of you ever go to the memorabilia show being held this weekend @ LAX?
If so, please tell us what it's like.

Thanks

Craig

UPDATE

The weather was crummy in San Diego, so Maya and I made the drive to Anaheim.
I'm glad that i did. It was 356 focused, but I saw some sweet cars, perused the swap meet vendors, and scored a 96 911 dealer brochure and color guide. I'm amazed at how few Jade Green 993s i've seen since it was a standard metallic color offered in 96.

I'd go again next year

993 content
see the SY car parked next to Maya's NG 997.
It had amazingly nice paint.

cheers

Craig
Attached Images    

Last edited by cgfen; 03-08-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Craig,
talk to me if you are thinking of heading up. Might be fun to check it out if time allows.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Lots and lots of vintage toys, posters, some parts, decals, etc. There are a few dealers there that give pretty good prices on current stuff like keychains, shirts and smaller parts. There is a guy there with lots of porsche posters that I think he thinks are printed with gold ink. His prices are ridiculous, but the posters are cool. I'd say that overall it's mostly early stuff. Lots of stuff of interest to longhood and 356 owners. Not so much for us 993 guys. Still a good time if you've got nothing to do.

Lemme know if you guys are coming up and we can meet up. There's a fun German restaurant not far from there.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Mike says. Definitely mostly older stuff and collectibles. It's one of those events that if you've been once, then that's enough, imho. Unless you are a collector. Fun if you've never been before. But there was a lot of the same stuff at the tables. And a lot of old guys with fuzzy white beards talking arcane trivia
Attached Images     
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

Hey watch it buddy!!!
I've been a vendor there for quite a few years in the past, and I don't have a fuzzy white beard........... yet

If you are into collectibles then it is a must go. If you are not, then it still is a must go, at least once just to see all the stuff. People fly in from all over the world just to buy collectibles there.

The following day is better if you also want to see a ton of P-cars plus memorabilia and a swap meet. It is at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. I heard it might rain and that would nix the car show part of it except for the die hards, but the swap is supposed to be indoors so that would probably still be a go.

This year we can't make it. We have our model collection to sell and a ton of framed posters, but we just couldn't fit it into our busy schedule <j/k>

Mike ~ I know of the posters of which you speak. He has some collection, but honestly..... I have never seen him sell a poster at the show, but someone must buy them for him to be there year after year after year.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Thanks,it sounds like Sunday is more to my taste.

Craig
Old 03-08-2010, 04:50 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

bump, photo's attached

Quick Reply: Attn So. Cal. denizens / LAX memorabilia show info? PHOTO'S ATTACHED