Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Sounds great but unfortunately:

"HOURS:
Monday to Saturday
Open For Lunch & Dinner,
Sunday Dinner Only"

They're not open for lunch on Sundays when we do the "Meet and Drives".

Tony suggested Bugaboo Steak House which is open for lunch on Sunday's. I'm game.

Bugaboo Creek Steak House
15710 Shady Grove Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
(301) 548-9200
www.bugaboocreek.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bugaboo-cree...e-gaithersburg
After lunch, to work out the calories, u can walk across the parking lot and go bowling. Nah, that will just add to it.
btw, I've bee going there for many years; then there was a fire and food got lousy when they reopened, our was the lousy food cause the fire, can't rem' exactly..lol. But they've gotten really better the last couple years, to almost what it used to be back in the day/
Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 AM
trcox57
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve
Great news about your situation...You have a great looking machine! Thanks for putting together a fun meet and drive. TonyC
Old 03-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by trcox57
Steve
Great news about your situation...You have a great looking machine! Thanks for putting together a fun meet and drive. TonyC
Thanks. Stay tuned for the next one. Hopefully, someone will plan one soon! Someone?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
tleaf321
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure people are sick of going to Hard Times Cafe anyway! I'll try to remember that place for next time.

Guess what, it looks like there's going to be a next time for me, too. Yeahhh!
That is awesome Steve. Congrats. More runs a comin'. Woo Hoo. The run was really really nice.

My only gripe was that you guys rolled out while we were still talkng and no one waited along the route. We got lost twice, but gradually caught up with other lost drivers. We can always do a gumball rally, but the drives should be cruising with everyone all together. OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

It was great to see everyone and the route was awesome. Thanks Steve.

It was great to see fellow 928 owners out there as well.

It's supoosed to be beautiful this weekend. Sunday is Easter, but Saturday morning could be fun.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
tleaf321
Instructor

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Just a few pics from the meet. The last two are of a '53 VW. The owner lives on the same street as Neil (nsully), so I decided to drop in and finally meet him on the way back from the Rennlist gathering. He was thrilled to have someone stop by and chat about the Bug - he's owned it since '74 and gave me a ride in it. Fun!

Andreas
I me the guy with the bug yesterday. He came to the Burtonsville Meet with his SLK 230. He loves german cars. He's a nice guy.

It was cold out there yesterday though. Randy came with his Renault R5 Turbo too.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by tleaf321

My only gripe was that you guys rolled out while we were still talkng and no one waited along the route. We got lost twice, but gradually caught up with other lost drivers. We can always do a gumball rally, but the drives should be cruising with everyone all together. OK, I'm off my soapbox now.
Sorry...We had every intention of stopping somewhere on the side of the road so everyone could catch up, but didn't find a safe area to do it. I thought River Road might be safe, that 4 mile stretch we drove up on the way to W. Willard, but the shoulder was really soft and muddy. Not very conducive to pulling over.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 PM
tleaf321
Instructor

Sorry...We had every intention of stopping somewhere on the side of the road so everyone could catch up, but didn't find a safe area to do it. I thought River Road might be safe, that 4 mile stretch we drove up on the way to W. Willard, but the shoulder was really soft and muddy. Not very conducive to pulling over.
No worries Steve. Just thought I'd let you know. It was a great route though.

Quick Reply: Post your pics here! MD/DC/N.VA Spring "Meet & Drive" Sun, 3/21 10:30am