Sponsored by:

Paris 993 Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paris 993 Porsches

I just returned from an amazing trip to Paris France and was delightfully surprised at the amount of 993's I saw while there! Living in Los Angeles - we're no strangers to expensive and exotic cars - while my Porsche sightings here on a daily basis consist of about 10-15 997's and a handful of 996's; rarely do I ever see another 993 on the streets of LA...however, in Paris..I saw multiple 993's on a daily basis - including two Turbo's! What gives? Most of last week and this week in Paris was extremely cold, rainy and snowy...but that didnt stop the onslaught of 993's. Does Paris have a disproportionate amount of 993's relative to other parts of the world? Or do the Parisians just enjoy their Porsches a little more than my fellow Los Angelenos and drive them like they're meant to be?

Thoughts?

Damien
Old 02-20-2010, 12:42 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I know of one from here that got containered up today to spend the rest of its days in France.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 AM
gjones1735
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Damien,

I was in Paris for part of the Spring and Summer last year. I was living near St. Paul in the Marais and spent most of my time in the old city -- 1'st, 2'nd, 3'rd, 4'th and 5'th. I also noticed a few 993's around. Two black 993's that parked on the street all over the Marais, a speed yellow turbo that seemed to go from private garage to private garage also in the Marais, and a midnight blue convertible that cruised by my favorite lunch place in the 1'st a few times. Also saw some nice Ferrari's making the valet parking runs on Friday and Saturday nights.

The car I saw the most of in Paris was the Mini Cooper. Probably the most popular car in the city by a factor of 10. The mini embodies everything you need in Paris -- small, cheap, and full rain/splash protection.

Paris is a tough city on cars. Other than a couple of the privately garaged cars that never seemed to go out, every vehicle in Paris is covered with scrapes, nicks, and small dents. Lots of big dents too. The 993's suffered along with the rest.

For cars in France you really need to be at LeMans for the 24 hours race in June. Something on the order of 100,000 sports cars descend on the town during the week of the race. Good times :-)

George
Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

Well, I know of one from here that got containered up today to spend the rest of its days in France.
So do I. Probably same guy.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 AM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

seems like parisians are kind of pain-free when it comes to their dd p-cars...

Quick Reply: Paris 993 Porsches