Sponsored by:

'95 993 $16k on LA Craigs*it

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:11 PM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 993 $16k on LA Craigs*it

Offer him $13k .... he likes being low-balled ....

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...606177857.html

NO AFFILIATION
Old 02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 147 Posts

"Green Cash".....somebody punch him for me!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"There are 125K miles on ODO, it suddenly stopped working a few months ago"

Hummmmm..................offer him 10k.......lol
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Tom 328
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be afraid to buy a car from a d-bag with that much anger in their classifieds posting. Can you imagine if he actually got pissed off?!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 PM
VMXWinn
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like he might have anger issues, or maybe a tweaker.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:23 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

That car's been for sale for 2 years now.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes when I was doing my search I came across it on Yahoo and I started like 5 months ago.
On the other hand if the car was local I would check it out, it might be a good project car but I clearly would not be looking forward meeting the owner that is for sure.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at his add a year ago for a track project, hell I would probly buy it if I thought he was for real.

His number on cars.com is 555-555-5555, wonder what his deal is? what is the phrase from the movie anger managment PHOOOOOSSSS FRABAAAAAA

If anyone goes to look at this car, maybe put a can of mace in your pocket.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom 328
I'd be afraid to buy a car from a d-bag with that much anger in their classifieds posting. Can you imagine if he actually got pissed off?!
Originally Posted by VMXWinn
Sounds like he might have anger issues, or maybe a tweaker.
Yeah, he sounds like he'd be a lot of fun to deal with.

1995 Porsche 911 - $16000 (Venice)
Date: 2010-02-18, 2:21AM PST
Reply to: sale-evjhj-1606177857@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

NO RESELLERS

DO NOT ASK MY BOTTOM PRICE-IF YOU HAVE DRIVEN THE CAR, LIKE IT AND FEEL IT IS IS NOT WORTH MY PRICE THEN MAKE AN OFFER

THERE IS ONLY ONE TYPE OF CASH "GREEN CASH" I AM NOT ACCEPTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN CASH.

I DO NOT HAVE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS TO SEND, IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE CAR THEN COME SEE IT. IF YOUR TIME IS TOO VALUABLE YOU CAN PAY SOMEONE TO TAKE PHOTOS.

I DO NOT HAVE A CARFAX IF YOU WANT ONE THE VIN# IS WP0AA2992SS320121 YOU CAN SUPPORT CARFAX AND BUY ONE.

I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THE CAR FOR A PPI. IF YOU BRING A MECHANIC TO MY HOME YOU CAN DO A PPI.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE CAR, EMAIL ME AND IF YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE, NAME, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER I WILL SEND YOU MY EMAIL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME ON THE PHONE WITH PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO WAX RHAPSODIC ABOUT THEIR LOVE FOR PORSCHES OR LISTEN TO THEM LAMENT ABOUT THE 95 RS 3.8 THEY COULD HAVE HAD FOR LESS IF THEY RESPONDED SOONER.

I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO WASTE. I HAVE ALLOWED TOO MANY PEOPLE TO DRIVE THE CAR ONLY TO LISTEN TO THEM DISCLAIM THAT THEY "NEED TO SELL THEIR JETTA FIRST" OR THEY ARE "WAITING TO GET JOB" SO THEY CAN AFFORD IT.

Now about the car....
There are 125K miles on ODO, it suddenly stopped working a few months ago-Speedo works. New Pirelli P Zero Rosso tires, OZ 18" wheels. Engine was professionally rebuilt about 25K miles ago by dealer, Chequered Flag, machine work by Swiss Motors. I have receipts. This was my daily driver and I have had no issues with it whatsoever. I do not have a comprehensive service history; it never needed anything other than tires, brakes oil changes, etc. The interior shows signs of aging, the seats are worn, the carpets are fatigued, the headliner has no tears. There are some small cosmetic issues with the car, a missing button on the heater controls, driver's seat control switch is missing, the shift boot is torn, cassette holder is broken, there are cracks in the dash above the speedo and a small patch of rusted paint below the rear window, the AC works when it is charged but it needs charging. Aside from wheels, tires & radio, the car is stock and everything works fine. The title is clear, no liens. It runs like the wind and is solid, or this price you can not get a car like it anywhere.
Please do not offer me $13K for it, I get these all day long and turn them away.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Attached Images     
Old 02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 697 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
I clearly would not be looking forward meeting the owner that is for sure.
Well if he has been listing it for as long as some say, maybe he is just getting fed up with some of the abuse from buyers. I can understand that.

I once had a ******** that really wanted my BMW but wanted to pay what the next guy was selling one for (about $8000 less). I told him to go and buy it. "But I want your car" he kept on saying. Well Charlie, I guess you're just going to have to pay, aren't you. I sold it to a good friend who paid what I was asking and he was thrilled getting an ultra low mileage four-year-old mint car for a steal.

When you are rock bottom on price, you really don't want to bother very much with unrealistic buyers.

See what I mean about ******** buyers...
I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO WASTE. I HAVE ALLOWED TOO MANY PEOPLE TO DRIVE THE CAR ONLY TO LISTEN TO THEM DISCLAIM THAT THEY "NEED TO SELL THEIR JETTA FIRST" OR THEY ARE "WAITING TO GET JOB" SO THEY CAN AFFORD IT.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also remember this car from a year or so. If it checks out, it seems like a good deal. I guess one could get a mobile PPI for like $1,000. Then $5,000 for wheels, tires, interior and sorting. So $22K all in? Not bad if you're in SoCal and want GR....
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Nice. Sounds like he really kept up on maintenance and taking care of this car.

NOT!

Ughhh, I don't care how much I wanted this car, I would not buy it from him. I'd be nervous about even going over there. If I ended up feeling like it was way too trashed for me to buy, he might "roll me" just for kicks!

They'd find me in an alley a week later.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I'd be nervous about even going over there. If I ended up feeling like it was way too trashed for me to buy, he might "roll me" just for kicks!

They'd find me in an alley a week later.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's a legit ad, seller is responsive to email. I think he's just sick of shenanigans given the price point.

It's possibly a good track candidate... No affiliation... Interior pics:
Attached Images      
Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

I think you're right. By the way, it's tough to see an interior looking like that. We're so accustomed to seeing perfect, near perfect or pretty much excellent interiors from Rennlisters selling their cars or on the other well respected dealer sites. When you see the dirt and unkempt interior like this one, it's just a stark contrast, that's all. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Quick Reply: '95 993 $16k on LA Craigs*it