Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Horrendous E38 crash today. Female passenger in back survives. Graphic pics...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen
....kinda my thoughts too....if this were an E38 forum...I guess...but it's not...IMO...poor taste.
Sorry... I posted it as a reminder of the potential consequences of speeding in areas where you shouldn't speed, like inside cities. If you think I should delete my initial post and all the pics I can edit it to do that. Wasn't trying to be in poor taste (in retrospect though, maybe it was) but I was so rattled when I saw it on my BMW forum yesterday I posted it here as a not so subtle warning to slow down.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by air eater
What is the point of showing this very tragic accident othe thatn to satisfy your morbid curiousity?
Not trying to start an argument or split hairs here but one could make a strong argument that, morbid curiosity aside, it's a graphic illustration of the consequences that can occur while driving.

Since the OP warned there were graphic photos, it seems you and everyone else had a morbid curiosity as to what was inside. Unless someone is standing with a gun to your head, you have a choice as to whether you want to open the thread or not.

I'll take freedom over censorship. Just as you have the freedom to not open the thread if you're offended by what you see.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I realize the title said "morbid photos...", and you guys are right about "I could have decided not to open it". Just very disturbing and not what I would hope to see the "Technical Discussions Area". And yes I realize that there are MANY other threads in here that are far from "technical"...blah...blah...anyhow....let's carry on!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As above, no problem here. Thread title was unambiguous.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:27 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Sorry... I posted it as a reminder of the potential consequences of speeding in areas where you shouldn't speed, like inside cities. If you think I should delete my initial post and all the pics I can edit it to do that. Wasn't trying to be in poor taste (in retrospect though, maybe it was) but I was so rattled when I saw it on my BMW forum yesterday I posted it here as a not so subtle warning to slow down.
Steve, can you go by o'donells, and buy and email me some rum buns? Thanks! I have a craving for one right now....
Old 02-16-2010, 04:47 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 146 Posts

Somebody needs a drink......
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by ASH.PALIN
I have a sneaky feeling that that is Poland

I've driven all over the world and I found Poland has some of the scariest drivers I've ever seen, real risk takers.

Very sad
I work with a team of young engineers in Poland, many aspire to buy / own fast german cars and drive on the autobahn on vacation. I recently took a ride on a new toll road from Gadansk to Bydgoszcz (almost) in Poland, many autobahn pilot want-a-be's. CB like radios are common for fast travel in Poland between cities. Newly rich "capitalists" around the world seem to push the envelope.

Quick Reply: OT: Horrendous E38 crash today. Female passenger in back survives. Graphic pics...