Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Finished GT3 Seat Installation - Summary

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:07 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, I'm bookmarking this and putting in on my future projects list, thanks!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 AM
maestromaestro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

"Wrong installation of seats and harnesses can lead to death", sayeth the man.

OK, Eric - you want to come over and help me install mine? And, the roll bar too, while you are at it?
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NICE!!

Scott
Old 02-28-2010, 01:22 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

@ Maestro - if you bought the roll bar used make sure that you have the correct mounting material. I suggest that you contact CDOC and get a new set of mounting hardware. The same applies to the BK hardware to attach the harness. If you are in doubt, order it new. Ask me how I know ...

To the installation. I have not done the cabrio installation where you need to drill holes. Just shoot me an email when you think you have all the required hardware and I will check my weekend schedule.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:09 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks OP for posting the information. For those using the BK side mount brackets, are you having any issues with the euro 996 gt3 seats leaning "too far" back? i.e. too raked back?

Also, are you able to use the LOWER front mounting hole for the seat with out any interference issues between the bottom of the seat and the sliders?

Finally, would factory euro 996 gt3 seat brackets mount to the Recaro sliders referred to in the original post?

Last edited by sm; 12-21-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by sm
Thanks OP for posting the information. For those using the BK side mount brackets, are you having any issues with the euro 996 gt3 seats leaning "too far" back? i.e. too raked back?

Also, are you able to use the LOWER front mounting hole for the seat with out any interference issues between the bottom of the seat and the sliders?

Finally, would factory euro 996 gt3 seat brackets mount to the Recaro sliders referred to in the original post?
Super old thread, but I'd like to know the answer to this too
Old 01-03-2017, 11:37 AM
e9stibi
Drifting

Originally Posted by ToniWonKanobi
Super old thread, but I'd like to know the answer to this too
I do not know which mounting holes on the seats I used but with my setup there are no interference issues. The only thing I can say is that the position is upright enough for me driving on the track. Not sure if this helps but others can chime in.
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:45 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Originally Posted by e9stibi
I do not know which mounting holes on the seats I used but with my setup there are no interference issues. The only thing I can say is that the position is upright enough for me driving on the track. Not sure if this helps but others can chime in.
Thanks for the reply I suppose, from that pic, it looks a little more upright than "normal." (What's "normal" anyways? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Old 01-11-2017, 01:02 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

1. How tall are you, and do you indeed have enough room for a helmet w/o removing the cushions with your BK setup?

2. Just want to be clear on this: did you use the non-stock 996-mounts/sliders because of the lack of headroom with that setup? (Because BK makes a thing that allows mounting 996 mounts/sliders to 964/993, as I'm sure you know.) I ask because a lot of the 996 GT3 seat sets available on the used market come with 996 mounts/sliders. Sooo I'm wondering if I could just buy that kit from BK and have enough headroom with a helmet and call it a day?)

Last edited by ToniWonKanobi; 01-11-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Added another question :)
Old 01-11-2017, 05:53 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

1. How tall are you, and do you indeed have enough room for a helmet w/o removing the cushions with your BK setup?

2. Just want to be clear on this: did you use the non-stock 996-mounts/sliders because of the lack of headroom with that setup? (Because BK makes a thing that allows mounting 996 mounts/sliders to 964/993, as I'm sure you know.) I ask because a lot of the 996 GT3 seat sets available on the used market come with 996 mounts/sliders. Sooo I'm wondering if I could just buy that kit from BK and have enough headroom with a helmet and call it a day?)
to 1.: I am 5 10 and do not have any issues with helmet when driving with cushions.

to 2.: I used non stock sliders and mounts to get the extra head room. My seats came with the stock mounts and sliders and "failed" the head room test. I than went to recaro / BK solution and found a buyer for the stock mounts.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:05 PM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Originally Posted by e9stibi
to 1.: I am 5 10 and do not have any issues with helmet when driving with cushions.

to 2.: I used non stock sliders and mounts to get the extra head room. My seats came with the stock mounts and sliders and "failed" the head room test. I than went to recaro / BK solution and found a buyer for the stock mounts.
Ah. Makes sense. Thanks for the answers!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks for the answers!
Also, where's the best (cheapest ) place to buy all the Brey-Krause stuff. Doesn't look like it's going to be very cheap...

Quick Reply: Finished GT3 Seat Installation - Summary