Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fister PSE

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010 | 02:00 AM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up Fister PSE

That's right. I'm changing the name of Fister Stage III's to simply Fister PSE. This is the best way IMO to describe this upgrade. If a sport exhuast option had been offered from the factory (no not motorsound but proper sport exhaust similiar in concept to the late model version)...the Fister Stage III's would be it, full stop.

I mean the Mille Miglia's I've had on the car for the past 5 years were loud. Louder at idle in fact. But...under load and certainly at WOT, the TONE of the Mille's was never right (lower frequency and non growl like). Of significantly greater importance they had a "booming" effect and resonance at times. I really liked them (lots of compliments). But I already LOVE the Stage III's!!!

To say they feel like a factory part is quite high praise I know but there is an element of refinement to the sound (not nearly over the top) that's sporty but not stoopid. And the TOTAL lack of resonance along with the TONE w/ GROWL in harmony with that flat-6 whomping behind you....well it's what Porsche intended the song to be. Darin was right when he said they are a 6-10 if the Supercraps are a 10. Totally liveable.

On the issue of volume: Anyone on the fence between Stage II and III it's case closed. The III's are the no brainer choice, they are not even close to too loud and/or obnoxious. You can quietly roll in Stealth on part throttle when you need to and only if you're foot is in to it will you unleash the snarl. Even then, it's perfectly reasonable. This may sound like blasphemy but truth is my car sounds exactly what my 996's (both had factory PSE) sounded like with the valve open full time. Awesome and never overbearing. Sorry Stage I and II's guys, I'm sure your cars sound no less awesome. I'm only addressing those that think they want the III's but are worried they will be too lound. If you think you want Stage III...you want Stage III.

Thanks Darin
Old 02-04-2010 | 08:26 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Maybe I am missing what PSE stands for, but I get your message and appreciate your assessment. I, like others around here are constantly being pulled II to III and III to II...with alot of ifs ands and buts...your description is emphatic and clear. So for the next ten minutes, AT LEAST, I am definitely maybe and most probably going to get...PSE! (but please make me feel less stupid and tell me what that stands for...)
Good post!
Old 02-04-2010 | 10:02 AM
fivelitre
Advanced

PSE - Porsche Sports Exhaust

C.
Old 02-04-2010 | 10:50 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Please Silence (this) Exhaust ??
Old 02-04-2010 | 11:40 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

PSE stands for **** Star Experience. It is a true acronym and does stand for that.

You want to be **** star? Get stage III's!!

**I have the same Mille Miglia exhaust as Jordan had--it is somewhat aggressive and by no means close to stock.
Old 02-04-2010 | 12:13 PM
993 Azul
Rennlist Member

Music to my ears,great description.I'm waiting for my Stage III,velvet black.I have RSR's and had already made up my mind to go with Stage II's,but after a brief conversation with Darin in which I expressed my indecision ,all he said was that he had the III's in his car,that's all it took and after reading your post I'm glad I did.Also,like others have experienced, it is indeed a pleasure to deal with Darin,very nice and professional.

Joseph
________________________________________________________________________ ____________
96 C2
31k mi.MO33/Bilstein,MO30sways,Alu/carbon shifter and e-brake,993 3-spoke,MYO2 17" wheels'
RSR's (soon to be shipped back to Darin)
Old 02-04-2010 | 11:49 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

This thread is going to cost me....
Old 02-05-2010 | 11:21 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

PSE: Phister Sport Exhaust.

Andreas
Old 02-05-2010 | 11:30 AM
matt777
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
...You want to be **** star? Get stage III's!!
I settled for the Stage IIs.
Old 02-05-2010 | 11:39 AM
trophy
Race Car

Originally Posted by matt777
I settled for the Stage IIs.
You didn't settle, I have not had the pleasere of hearing any of the Fister's in person, I do know which ever system people choose they are very happy.

Matt, I think you are going to be very happy.......
Old 02-05-2010 | 12:18 PM
matt777
Drifting

Originally Posted by trophy
You didn't settle, I have not had the pleasere of hearing any of the Fister's in person, I do know which ever system people choose they are very happy.

Matt, I think you are going to be very happy.......
I'm just kidding around here. I think the Stage IIs are what I want as I'm not looking to bump the noise level up much. Arrival is expected on Tuesday along with your FD parts Steven.
Old 02-16-2010 | 12:43 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Please Silence (this) Exhaust ??
Ha, I just saw this.......Chris
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2010 | 01:00 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

I have a Fabspeed airbox---that could explain the growl I hear vs. what you heard on your set up. I acutally had Stage III's on order for over a month but Darin was backlogged on the tips (MM are welded on), and I grew inpatient and cancelled. Generally speaking, when I make a decision on something, I buy quickly and after the backlog, the novalty has wore off and Im more into my new ski's and boots right now then Porsche exhaust.

Im sure at some point I will buy a new exhaust but no rush anymore. More important things on the table like Mexico next week for some beach action, Colorado the following to snowboard. Priorities I tell ya!!

Originally Posted by Flat-6 Performance
That's right. I'm changing the name of Fister Stage III's to simply Fister PSE. This is the best way IMO to describe this upgrade. If a sport exhuast option had been offered from the factory (no not motorsound but proper sport exhaust similiar in concept to the late model version)...the Fister Stage III's would be it, full stop.

I mean the Mille Miglia's I've had on the car for the past 5 years were loud. Louder at idle in fact. But...under load and certainly at WOT, the TONE of the Mille's was never right (lower frequency and non growl like). Of significantly greater importance they had a "booming" effect and resonance at times. I really liked them (lots of compliments). But I already LOVE the Stage III's!!!

To say they feel like a factory part is quite high praise I know but there is an element of refinement to the sound (not nearly over the top) that's sporty but not stoopid. And the TOTAL lack of resonance along with the TONE w/ GROWL in harmony with that flat-6 whomping behind you....well it's what Porsche intended the song to be. Darin was right when he said they are a 6-10 if the Supercraps are a 10. Totally liveable.

On the issue of volume: Anyone on the fence between Stage II and III it's case closed. The III's are the no brainer choice, they are not even close to too loud and/or obnoxious. You can quietly roll in Stealth on part throttle when you need to and only if you're foot is in to it will you unleash the snarl. Even then, it's perfectly reasonable. This may sound like blasphemy but truth is my car sounds exactly what my 996's (both had factory PSE) sounded like with the valve open full time. Awesome and never overbearing. Sorry Stage I and II's guys, I'm sure your cars sound no less awesome. I'm only addressing those that think they want the III's but are worried they will be too lound. If you think you want Stage III...you want Stage III.

Thanks Darin
Old 02-16-2010 | 02:34 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

I think the Stage IIs are a good volume...about 15% louder than my ex-RSRs...actually maybe more like 10% louder...but the frequency of the sound (higher) seems to "travel" more thean the lower pitched RSRs. I wouldn't want any more loudness than the Stage IIs.

Quick Reply: Fister PSE