Sponsored by:

Body work cost - RS kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Body work cost - RS kit

If I went with the RS kit GB, and patched the bumperette holes in a NB bumber (vs. going Euro), what would you estimate as a fair price range to paint and install bumper/splitters/rockers/tail. Assume rockers do not require paint...

Thanks - heading out to get quotes, but would like to know what others have paid.

M
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 437 Posts

I paid $800~ in 2006. The total bill was $1150 but I also had a bumper cover respray (due for another one of those).
Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't forget the door!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Thanks Fred. Factoring in a bumperette delete, I am shooting for less than $2K CAD. Did you have yours done locally in VT? Recommendations?

Had a good laugh today, stopped by the authorized MB collision expert. Quoted $3,500... maybe more if he's not happy with the quality of the underlying parts. Thanks for trying out, buddy!

Dwayne, I am keeping the door scar. The day we see it gone will be the day of the Mother of All Martini Racing stripe repaints...

Old 01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had RS splitters and tail painted and installed plus a few dings and bumperette delete. Essentially a full respray of the nose to the doors. Cost was just at US$2k.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Thanks Fred. Factoring in a bumperette delete, I am shooting for less than $2K CAD. Did you have yours done locally in VT? Recommendations?

Had a good laugh today, stopped by the authorized MB collision expert. Quoted $3,500... maybe more if he's not happy with the quality of the underlying parts. Thanks for trying out, buddy!

Dwayne, I am keeping the door scar. The day we see it gone will be the day of the Mother of All Martini Racing stripe repaints...

I did it locally. They did a pretty good job after a lot of ball breaking from me both before the work was done just to let them know that a crappy job wasnt acceptable as well as after, as I made them re-do a few things (nothing major though). I'm going to do the re-spray on the bumper cover myself next time. I don't have to worry about blending colors as a result of the panel lines. I've resprayed plenty of body panels before and have gotten results better than the factory. Your end result is always down to prep work. It's pretty easy to match guards red too. Silver is a whole other ball of wax to match though. I saw a DIY on deleting the bumperettes and it seemed pretty straightforward and easy (famous last words). $3500CDN is a rip off, supply cost is de minimis,most of it is labor. For $3500 US you can get a top end rebuild in southern NH.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

No ****, Mark at Exotech. Maybe throw in an extra 800 bucks and get him to paint my RS bits!

I am always amazed at the nonsense I hear from 'experts'. I guess when I showed up at the shop with pictures, timeline, and a clear explaination what I needed done, I looked like a sucker...

I'll keep looking.

Best,

Matt
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

A friend of mine needed some work on his brand new M3 after meeting the wall at LCMT on a private day. He ended up going to Michel Labrecque auto in pierrefonds. Nothings shows and some welding was required.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
No ****, Mark at Exotech. Maybe throw in an extra 800 bucks and get him to paint my RS bits!

I am always amazed at the nonsense I hear from 'experts'. I guess when I showed up at the shop with pictures, timeline, and a clear explaination what I needed done, I looked like a sucker...

I'll keep looking.

Best,

Matt
Uhhhhhh, I wouldn't let Mark do any paint work. He's a form follows function kind of guy.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Yeah, that was a lousy attempt at internet humor!

Thanks Carl - I'll check him out.

M
Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Leucadia
Racer

Brought my car into a top line porsche paint/body shop here in Kirkland, WA for the following as was quoted $3300.

Front/rear bumperettes delete.
Basket handle delete.

Needless to say he did not get my business.

Quick Reply: Body work cost - RS kit