Sponsored by:

Porsche 993 TT....'Pricing Trends'

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche 993 TT....'Pricing Trends'

Hello, I've been a member over at another Porsche Forum which did not really have much info regarding the 993 Model.....then I found this site and I must say, its GREAT to see the invaluable information here for the 993.

I'm very interested in buying a 993 TT more as a garage queen than a driver. I've been trying to gain a historical perspective about current 'pricing' for these cars. Is there a resource anyone can guide me to which may perhaps show the pricing trends for these cars.....are they still depreciating....perhaps beginning to appreciate.....currently overpriced ?.....underpriced ?

Just looking for some objective or subjective ideas that I can add to my knowledge base.

Thank you.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 278 Posts

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. There are many, many answers to your question & the best (perhaps only) way for you to fully understand the variations in pricing is to do your diligence thoroughly & go to see as many cars as you can...

For example - garage queen:
http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door28.htm

Potentially good "driver":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_4351wt_1167

Options, mileage & ownership (along with 15,789 other things) play a MASSIVE role in determining the value of a 993. Personal taste, budget & due diligence are perhaps the most important.

Good luck with your search & watch out, I may just offer more than you for the right car!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

Prices range from 45k for a high mileage car in pretty rough shape to $100k for a car with less than 5k miles in perfect shape.

For a lowish mile car in good condition in a popular color combo, I'd say your looking at about $70k give or take a few k.

Prices have taken a bit of a hit as did most with this economy, but the high appeal of the car among car enthusiasts and the low production numbers mean that resale is a strong point for the car.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's difficult to see a "pricing trend" for TTs as it is not a liquid market. you can get a well used one that has been fairly well maintained in the 50-60ss or pay close to 100k for a pristine example. any time you see one for 50k or below it will likely either have high miles, poorly maintained or a history...or some/all of these.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Smoke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon123
I'm very interested in buying a 993 TT more as a garage queen than a driver
check out this thread…

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...ington-dc.html

Quick Reply: Porsche 993 TT....'Pricing Trends'