Sponsored by:

Cab fogs up after a car wash

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 AM
mikefo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab fogs up after a car wash

Anyone have this problem? Its cold these days and have gotten in the habit of taking my 95 Cab to a car wash that uses a pressured wand versus a hand wash. After each wash when I start the car the car fogs up completely. All windows fog starting with the windshield. Typically the heater is on. Its like water is getting into the HVAC system. When I wash the car I do not wash the top but always spray the wheel wheels and under the car. I try not to spray very long near the windshield as I have thought that the windshield seals may leak. In any case it clears out in about a minute.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 96 993 cab before my current TT.

Mine did it all the time when it was cold. I think it is due to the relative humidity of the air in the car versus outside. When you open the door to get back in the air around you is very moist and so is the air the system is pulling in. I just turned on the heat with the defrost **** all the way to the right with the a/c condenser also running and it would solve the problem within 30-60 seconds. The a/c takes the moisture out of the air while the heater just makes it feel good in the car after freezing your crazy a$$ off washing it in the dead of winter. :-)

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Cab fogs up after a car wash