Side window demisters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
leeshephard
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Side window demisters?

Hi there

Is it very cold here in the UK atm and I am getting misted up windows most times I start up in the morning, it clears ok but not very quickly on the rear side windows. Mine appear to have a 'vent' in the lower trim that I assume should chuck out hot air.

Is this correct and if so how should they work as I have tried all the controls.

Thanks

Lee
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi Lee,

It is counter-intuitive, but try running the AC compressor (push in the small snowflake), and turn the temperature **** to whatever setting you like. The AC will dehumidify the cabin air, and reduce window fogging.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
leeshephard
Instructor

Hi Bobby

Thanks for the tip will try tomorrow if we are not snowed in here! So does your p-car have vent slots in the top of the trim under the rear side windows and if so what are they for?

Regards

Lee
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might also try Rain-X Anti Fog on the windows. Available at most auto parts stores.

Best wishes
Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've found the best "demisting" for the side windows is simply to crank them open perhaps 3 inches on each side. If I'm driving home from the gym after a morning workout and I'm really sweating, if I don't open the side windows the entire car inside gets fogged up. I crack open both windows as I start the car and they never get fogged up. If it's raining heavily, I don't do this. The defroster (wihch turns on the A/C compressor) will also clear the windows - but only after the car starts to warm up (for me that is two minutes or so)
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
leeshephard
Instructor

Thanks for the replies everyone, but can anyone definitively tell me what the 'vents' in the lower trim of the rear quarter windows are for?

Cheers

Lee

Quick Reply: Side window demisters?