Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcars Texas

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Not that I want to protect VMC in any way but gear boxes can fail for a car that is about 15 years old. Unfortunately, they are expensive to fix (ask me how I know) but you have a fresh box now for a lot years to come ...
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
jnicol
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by csmab
Every car I have called on has always just been sold the day before. I always continue to see the same car I was interested in listed for another 8 weeks on eBay and still showing on his website. I doubt his inventory is a great as listed on his website.
I have had the same thing happen. At least several cars I have called on.

Bernhard: Which car did you buy from them? I was looking at a Blue 993 Targa about a year ago that apparently went to Europe. Was that yours?
Old 01-04-2011, 05:16 AM
MTBextrem
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e9stibi
Not that I want to protect VMC in any way but gear boxes can fail for a car that is about 15 years old. Unfortunately, they are expensive to fix (ask me how I know) but you have a fresh box now for a lot years to come ...
Sure, There can be many flaws with a 15 yrs old car (and there are a few others which have to be accepted by me due to this, e.g. latches, A/C ...). However, to fill in a special oil just to "whitewash" a gearbox noise - this is anything but correct when selling a car.

Anyway, thanks for feedback. Very active and constructive forum here - great!

@Jim: no, it was a silver 993 - not a blue targa. But I see that you have found a nice 993 targa.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcars Texas