Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

I am building the ultimate "POLE BARN IGLOO"...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:23 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ABCar
Hang on...I just slipped on the ice/slush stuff on the way out to the "igloo-pole barn" thingy. I think I may have ingested some calcium cloride (ice-melt crystals for you coastal folks)...Oh dear...My pole barn has ice damming and is now leaking on the igloo. thank god it's water repellent!. oh, never mind that part. Well, back to work...time to change out my distributor caps & rotors.
and Yes...since you mentioned it, PLEASE post some pictures. I could use them about now. and watch out for earthquakes, landslides, fires!
Andy

You crack me up Andy!! Touche on the CA hazards!

You asked for it so here goes.
1.) First pic is with some bikers I met on my drive.
2.) Couple of the curves we straightened today.
3.) Relaxing in the sun by a beautiful oak tree.

Hope these helped. Don't worry, spring will be here before we know it.

Phil
Attached Images    
Old 12-25-2009, 11:29 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Nice ride Phil...Love the blue. My buddy has a 997 S in Mexico blue and we both agree, it rocks.

Well, regarding our little reparte'...you win. Nothing I can say about California can bridge the gap between your experience today, and mine. That said, I did not go out to the igloo for any substantial period of time...the distributor caps and rotors remain buried and untouched. Now, after seeing your pictures I may just have to do what every "climate controlled" northerner must...stay inside and shop for parts new and used on the internet...to be installed in the spring.

So what will I do with the igloo now?

1. convert it into a sled and go down the driveway. If I paint the word "PORSCHE" on it, that may help

2. Save it for summer (which by the way blows the hell out of northern CA's) and convert it into a sailboat.

3. Leave it as is and be a brave little DIY-er tommorow, in my little igloo...alone... cold... and bloody-knuckled!

Perhaps I can entertain the RL community with a picture documentary of option 3 including the final pictures of the car being flatbedded to local porsche mechanic who knows what he is doing and can fix it right! (scrap that, he doesnt know what he is doing either!)

Well, thanks for the pictures...It is truly beautiful there. My wife and I love your part of the world and wish we could drive there more often. enjoy and stay tuned for updates from the igloo!.

Quick Reply: I am building the ultimate "POLE BARN IGLOO"...suggestions?