Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kinesis Supercup valve stem question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009 | 03:00 PM
jhubs
Racer

Default Kinesis Supercup valve stem question

I have a set of Kinesis Supercups that have a different valve hole size in the front compared to the rear. The fronts have a small hole that will not accept a traditional rubber valve so they have to have a metal valve stem. The rears have a larger hole that accepts an Porsche OEM rubber valve that I purchased from Pelican.

1. Should I stay with metal valve stems all around?
2. Anyone know what the hole sizes are for the front wheels (small) and rear (larger)?
3. Should I drill out the smaller holes in the front wheels to match the rears, or will I just screw things up?
Old 12-23-2009 | 04:44 PM
jhubs
Racer

Bump
Old 12-23-2009 | 05:54 PM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Jerry - did you recieve my reply to your PM the other day? I have the different sized Kinesis metal valve stems that will work on your front outer lips and rear outer lips, they are brand new. I'm currently on the east coast but I'll be back in Seattle in two weeks.
Old 12-23-2009 | 06:51 PM
jhubs
Racer

Thatcher,
Yes, I did get your PM. THANKS!
I don't know the hole sizes and I also thought about drilling out the smaller holes in the front wheels so they are all the same size. That, I found out, is NOT a good idea and that I just need to buy different valve sizes for the front and rear.
I'm in no hurry as the tires and wheels are holding air just fine. It is snowing here and the P-Car is quarantined until further notice. So, I will get in touch with you in a couple of weeks after I get the hole measurements.

Happy Holidays!!!

Jerry

Quick Reply: Kinesis Supercup valve stem question