Sponsored by:

She is DIRTY!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by larpy
My neighbor's wife told me, "Chris, you do a lot of cool things but cleaning the bottom of your car is just stupid" She is clueless!
That is just priceless. This is what happens when the real world meets our world.

Often the response is "Wait, you did what? Really". Then while taking 2 steps back they say "So, why would you do THAT?"

Looks good!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 AM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome. I want a 4 post so I can squeeze another car in the garage AND so I can get freaky with the underneath of my 993, too.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:28 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Chris-- She's nice & clean

Now, go have fun getting her dirty ... what they're made for!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

A lift and hot water power washer = No Fair! The great thing about the undercarriage being clean is that it seems to stay that way. I did mine a year ago and it still looks like I just did it.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 AM
simpsoap
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
A lift and hot water power washer = No Fair! The great thing about the undercarriage being clean is that it seems to stay that way. I did mine a year ago and it still looks like I just did it.
+1, a hot water power washer would be great!

Andy
Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 177 Posts

Looks great!

I also have to cover my garage floor with plastic when I do this because the crap sticks to everything. Hot water pressure washing is the key. Everything comes off pretty easily with Xenit and hot water.
Can't help but think Dexter could learn a thing or two . . .
Old 12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
I wish I could say I have spend hours under the car. I had the idea to use a hot water pressure washer after doing the engine and rear suspension. I was on hour 5-6 and decided there must be something easier. I just happened to have a 24 horsepower 190,000 BTU diesel fired pressure washer in my garage I fired up the monster and began blasting!

Even though the heat helps, Xenit is still vital. I went to Harbour Freight and purschased some small wire brushes (steel and brass). I spray the Xenit, let it sit approximately 10 minutes, scrub, and let it sit again. After waiting 5-10 minutes more I do the "Blasting". I spray at 800-900 psi but I run the heat at 200 degrees. I do this process approximately 4-5 times. Steel wool will polish items up real nice There is the secret.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice work Larpy! I need a 4 post lift too ..
Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Can't help but think Dexter could learn a thing or two . . .
That's funny! That's exactly what I was thinking ..
Old 12-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

I wish I could say I have spend hours under the car. I had the idea to use a hot water pressure washer after doing the engine and rear suspension. I was on hour 5-6 and decided there must be something easier. I just happened to have a 24 horsepower 190,000 BTU diesel fired pressure washer in my garage I fired up the monster and began blasting!

Even though the heat helps, Xenit is still vital. I went to Harbour Freight and purschased some small wire brushes (steel and brass). I spray the Xenit, let it sit approximately 10 minutes, scrub, and let it sit again. After waiting 5-10 minutes more I do the "Blasting". I spray at 800-900 psi but I run the heat at 200 degrees. I do this process approximately 4-5 times. Steel wool will polish items up real nice There is the secret.
We are freaks
Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 AM
jhubs
Racer

I just wish you hadn't told me how you did it... now I have to add a hot water power washer to my Christmas list...
Bill Siple.... are you out there? Since you have a 4-poster, could I come over next week? Bill....?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Have to try the steel wool to touch up this Winter.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My neighbor's wife told me, "Chris, you do a lot of cool things but cleaning the bottom of your car is just stupid" She is clueless!
My wife came out with my daughter while I was tinkering with my engine. My daughter went to touch the engine and my wife told her not to because it was dirty... I said no it isn't, I cleaned it along with all these other parts with Xenit. Her comment? I wish you'd clean the house this good. lol Looking good, keep up the good work, and may your garage always smell of oranges.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Aussie Alan 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If I did this, my wife would KILL ME TILL I'M DEAD.

Especially since I used the good old BAD NECK excuse to put off restoring our fancy plaster ceilings in our house.

Love the look but the jury is out about it being worth the effort.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aussie Alan. Jury returned its verdict while you were out. Unanimous that it is awesome. Tell your wife if Xenit had a plaster product you'd be good to go.

Quick Reply: She is DIRTY!!