Sponsored by:

Holt Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 AM
bv shady
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Holt Motorsports

Just want everyone to know what a great experience it is to work with Tim. Traded my car and he found a replacement vehicle for me full detail ppi etc. Top notch dealer and a man of his word. I will be back in a 911 soon and will by from Tim.-Paul see his collection at holtmotorsports.com
Old 12-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 275 Posts

Glad you had better luck with him than me...
Old 12-12-2009, 09:25 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Shady, wait, you bought a car from the same guy that did the PPI? If so, I see a conflict.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:44 AM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Glad you had better luck with him than me...
My experience was NOT a good one either.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 AM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 80 Posts

I can RennFax any Holt cars as I am right next door to them. He has a nice collection and also is very knowledgeable. The only gripe with him is that he always wants top top top market price, which is fine as long as the cars warrant it.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Tango635
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UserA
I can RennFax any Holt cars as I am right next door to them. He has a nice collection and also is very knowledgeable. The only gripe with him is that he always wants top top top market price, which is fine as long as the cars warrant it.
OK, so you mean sometimes they don't warrant the high asking price?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:49 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bv shady
Just want everyone to know what a great experience it is to work with Tim. Traded my car and he found a replacement vehicle for me full detail ppi etc. Top notch dealer and a man of his word. I will be back in a 911 soon and will by from Tim.-Paul see his collection at holtmotorsports.com
My experience with Tim was also top notch and I am so glad I bought from him last April. A few minor issues but I would buy from him in a heartbeat. Yes, he charges top $$ but his cars are top of the line. He is very particular which is why he has so few 993s in stock right now. You get what you pay for in most instances. Tim still helps me to this day with advice. Just priceless from such an 'encyclopedia' of real Porsche knowledge.
To the negative posters I would love to hear details as it would be very beneficial to everyone here, instead of just excellent experiences from most everyone that has posted here over the years. There can be no retribution when the truth is told so please post. I'd sure like to know as would future buyers. I will gladly post my 'few minor issues' because they are the truth and Tim knows: #1 - No magazine cartridge in my CD unit. He did send me one but it was the wrong size. I eventually found one for $30. #2 - The tires were 9 years old despite excellent tread remaining. Too old for my liking and my fault for not looking originally. I bought a new set. I am all set now. OK, your turn.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 PM
catchacab
Instructor

I bought my 993 from Tim. I had my shop do the PPI, found a few issues that Tim agreed to have addressed at my shop. He is a business man and will try to make the deal work best for him (what business man wouldn't). I would buy another 993 from Tim. The added cost in buying from him offsets the travel, time and mutiple PPIs I woud have done.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:31 AM
benz
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my first 993 from Tim and it was exactly what he said it was. In fact, I drove that car for over 2 years on the track and it was heading down the slippery slope of mods until I lost the car to Turn 9 at Summit where I hit the wall and rolled it twice. That car and that engine were fantastic. I now have a new 993 that was built by Peter Dawe and I'm in the process of gutting it as we speak. Just my two cents...
Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought from Tim last month. He was knowledgable about the cars and relaxed with my indecision about buying. (I went back and forth before committing). Not too flexible with the pricing and I paid alot...but he did change out the plugs and did a compression test for me. He also sent me a back up light switch which went bad. I had a PPI done at another shop nearby and he helped me transport the car and all that. He garaunteed no paint work (in writing) as well.
I can't say we are best freinds but his cars were very very nice and all in all, a fairly good experience. I would buy again from Tim...and am glad he seems to be available for further questions should I need answers. Get a PPI as always at an independent...there are several good shops in the area near him.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Holtmotorsports
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks everyone for the positive comments! It really means a lot to us.

My Father and I both work very hard in finding these cars. As mentioned above, You get what You pay for and we do pay UP for the right cars. Nature of the game.

If anyone has ANY questions feel free to contact us anytime.

-Tim Holt Jr.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Tango635
OK, so you mean sometimes they don't warrant the high asking price?
Not at all. His cars appear to be no issue cars. He spends a lot of time going over them before he purchases them. Removes headlights and tail lights to check for paint issues and the sort.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Tango635
Racer

Originally Posted by UserA
Not at all. His cars appear to be no issue cars. He spends a lot of time going over them before he purchases them. Removes headlights and tail lights to check for paint issues and the sort.
Thanks for clearing that up. I had always heard nothing but positive about Holt. It surprises me to see a few people some apparently serious issues. Nothing or no one is always perfect and sometimes you are forced to take a low blow...it's just part of the journey.

Quick Reply: Holt Motorsports