993 Forum 1995-1998

Euromasters

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Coltranes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euromasters

Does anyone here have experience purchasing a P-car from Euromasters (in CA)?

More specifically, what is your take on the 5yr/50K warranty that they offer with most cars? It's an interesting marketing tool; however, the warranty is not transferable.

Thoughts?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Never heard of them, but they have a nice web page.

http://www.euromasterscc.com/Home.aspx
Old 12-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Never heard of them, but they have a nice web page.

http://www.euromasterscc.com/Home.aspx
Chuck...love your car. I had an 97 C4S artic silver on black that I should have never sold - and I couldn't swing the extra dough to get at turbo (+- $ 30K Can I think) at the time. I have a 993 NB that I am modding now for DE but one day I will try to right my wrong - new 2010 TT cab with PDK garage queen arriving in March so it will be some time yet before I can swing that ....but no question, you have one heck of a ride.

Overdraft
Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Thanks Overdraft. Life is short, I had to do it!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM
helmet155
Pro

I work very close to Euromasters and have talked to the owner a few times, he is a Porsche nut.

I have also been in their shop, very clean, organized and they have some great technicians...mostly air cooled freaks too so they are prepared.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

They had an open house a few months ago, I couldn't make it, but I heard that their shop was impressive. I think chuck (dcdude) went.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
M491
Racer

That is a huge facility, their rent and expenses must be through the roof, $100K/month or more all in.

And at those used car prices, they can't be selling many cars.

I wonder how they are staying in biz.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Coltranes
Advanced

The appear to be justifying the high prices with the warranty they offer on each of these cars. A 5yr/50k warranty offers some piece of mind, but doesn't cost justify the 15-20% premium they are asking.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by helmet155
I work very close to Euromasters and have talked to the owner a few times, he is a Porsche nut.

I have also been in their shop, very clean, organized and they have some great technicians...mostly air cooled freaks too so they are prepared.
I also went for a St. Paddy's event with the Orange Coast PCA. These are my impressions as well. Their money pitch is ground up restos on SCs.

The warraty is an interesting marketing idea. I think it originated on their restoration cars. You may want to ask what the limitations are and if they can email you a copy of the fine print?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Laura
Pro

I was there also on St. Patrick's day. Showroom area is impressive. The warranty is interesting, is it a third party extended warranty that enables you the owner to have the work completed at a shop of your choice or is it a warranty through Euromasters to have the work completed at their one facility in Fountain Valley?
Whatever you choose I will still recommend having a Pre purchase inspection done at a shop of your choosing.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 254 Posts

Their warranty covers 50% of repair cost. They have a link on the site to read about it. I talked to a sales rep about a week ago and he said the repairs can be done at any independent shop and they'd pay half. The warranty that is shown on their web site doesn't look that reassuring to me. I wonder how much they deal off their asking prices as they are quite high?
Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Coltranes
Advanced

Interesting. When I spoke with one of their Sales reps he never mentioned the 50% limitation.

I did ask about more particulars and he had the following to share:

-The warranty is not transferrable, so if you buy a car at a premium for the warranty and unexpectedly need to sell it, you are going to take a loss.
-The have interesting definitions of what parts are covered. For instance, he considered an alternator to be a consumable item.
-If you purchase the car and take it out of state they will allow you to have your independent mechanic direct bill them for parts/labor. This seems like a precarious perch.
-There is no escrow/3rd party maintainer of the warranty. If Euromasters goes belly up, so does the warranty.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
midnite993
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"-There is no escrow/3rd party maintainer of the warranty. If Euromasters goes belly up, so does the warranty"

...and there lies the rub. With a 100K/mo facility, high overhead, and a down economy, just a matter of time.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Laura
Pro

Trying not to be a wet blanket here, just want to help anyone with as much information as they might need to make a decision that is right for them.

Aftermarket third party warranties generally will cover an alternator.
Nationally recognized third party warranties will pay repair shops by credit card at time of repairs with proper authorization. My opinion would be most independent shops will have you pay the entire bill and have you, the customer, deal with your warranty holder (Euromasters) for funds. They will not want to act as a go-between on just what is covered and what amount they will pay.
Labor is to be Mitchell's flat rate - most Porsche independents charge more than domestic shops rates, you will be responsible for the difference.
All small things to consider with your purchase.
And just what is "an authorized EuroMasters Classic Car repair depot"?

This may be a great deal for a local buyer, they can have Euromasters service their car and take care of any repairs at their facility.
For an out of stater, maybe not.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by midnite993
With a 100K/mo facility, high overhead, and a down economy, just a matter of time.
And you wonder how rumors get started on the internet...

Quick Reply: Euromasters