Sponsored by:

Pretty good deal on a Cab...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pretty good deal on a Cab...

At least it seems so; One-Owner, fresh Top-End, West coast car......

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1489377980.html
1996 One Owner Porsche 993 911 Cabriolet - $25500 (sonoma)
Date: 2009-11-30, 9:46PM PST
Reply to: sale-vq7ky-1489377980@craigslist.org

1996 Porsche 911 993 cabriolet. 64,000 miles, 500 miles on engine rebuild (valves & Guides!). Midnight blue metallic exterior/grey interior with brand new blue convertible top. Last of the air-cooled generation of 911's. Both engine rebuild and 60K major service (with AC flush/service) performed by a Ruf factory trained Master Technician (rebuild pics. available upon request). Many factory options including wind deflector (greatly reducing wind in the cab), touring suspension, 6 speed transmission, RS light flywheel, 17" cup wheels, alarm/immobilizer and electric seats/mirrors. Very expensive sound system with custom speakers. This car is gorgeous and drives like it's new! White gauges, aluminum pedals, strut brace, sports mufflers and Porsche intake sound package with K&N filter, original mufflers available. Carrera badge was removed for professional detail and has since been replaced. Car has been smog tested. Clean title. Never on the track.
VIN# and additional pictures available for serious inquiries.
(Caveat emptor, no affiliations on my part, blah...)

Last edited by mongrelcat; 12-03-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

This is the car that was run out of oil by the original owner. It was recently discussed here in the last few weeks. IIRC someone here called on it and the 'story' is the shop that did the rebuild bought the car from him and is now selling it. It's been on the market for awhile (2-3 months?) and folks here have said that if the owner ran it out of oil, the car was probably abused in general. The pictures look decent but I'd like to check it out in person. Seems to me if the engine was done correctly and all else checked out in a PPI including a bodyshop review, a really decent deal might be able to be made considering the history. I bought a 68 BMW 2002 in college that had had the oil filter fall off after a 30Kmile dealer service and seized the engine. After the factory engine replacement, the owners tried to sell it but with the engine 'story' they finally dropped the price below wholesale. Great car and many years of trouble free driving, then I sold it at a profit ...

Here's the old thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=66492

Last edited by JPP; 12-03-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added thread link

Quick Reply: Pretty good deal on a Cab...