Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Cool TAG clock - sorry, chronograph

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 08:51 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 599 Likes on 352 Posts

i think the 55M that nile13 was talking about might fit with the proper amount of messing around with some sort of rubber or plastic mount.

of course you'd lose all the warning lights.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:59 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jfischet
i think the 55M that nile13 was talking about might fit with the proper amount of messing around with some sort of rubber or plastic mount.

of course you'd lose all the warning lights.
One would have to ask why anyone would want one or the other. I get the Tag (authentic) clock in a $300K+ Singer, if nothing other than for bragging rights. I don't get the phonies, or the airplane clocks. My stock clock keeps perfect time and matches the other gauges.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:00 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Cool TAG clock - sorry, chronograph

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
One would have to ask why anyone would want one or the other. I get the Tag (authentic) clock in a $300K+ Singer, if nothing other than for bragging rights. I don't get the phonies, or the airplane clocks. My stock clock keeps perfect time and matches the other gauges.

What kind of watch do you wear? An expensive mechanical watch is probably less accurate than a cheap digital one from eBay. Mostly due to user error in winding but most here would prefer the more expensive timepiece.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
What kind of watch do you wear? An expensive mechanical watch is probably less accurate than a cheap digital one from eBay. Mostly due to user error in winding but most here would prefer the more expensive timepiece.
I don't understand your comment relating to my comment. I'm talking aesthetics. I think the stock gauges look pretty damn nice and cohesive. I'll change my statement to my clock is accurate "enough". A clock out of an airplane would be pretty much in your face and way out of place visually.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:33 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

It is, indeed, an aesthetic question. I would not put another clock in a car, but if I did, it certainly would not be this atrocious fake "Heuer". If someone wants to modify this part of their car, and some do, by changing color or orientation of the gauge faces, for example, there are more interesting albeit difficult, alternatives. Not my cup, though.

Quick Reply: Cool TAG clock - sorry, chronograph