C4S for sale in Palo Alto, $37,500

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C4S for sale in Palo Alto, $37,500

Hey,

just letting other members know of this car I test drove the other day.... it is aventurine green with black interior.... it looks more metalic gray than the pictures in the ad. I DECIDED NOT TO BUY THE CAR...b/c the color isn't for me

-aluminum gauges
-OBC computer
-headlight washer and front bumperette delete

<< AD HERE >>

Drove well... nothing obvious to report. Seats are a little worn, and the glove box is a bit loose. Also, one LED out in the 3rd brake light. Car is riding a little on the high side (IIRC)...Owner is a porsche enthusiast (but I will leave it at that).

Any comments about the price?

ps: No affiliation.... feel free to pm me with any questions.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I suppose this is the one that's listed on ebay

1996 Aventurine Green\black C4S for sale.

Clean title, 69k miles. All stock except a Fabspeed exhaust and clear front bra (protects front end from rock chips). Never raced\tracked. Options are the factory M030 suspension, hifi sound package, sport gauge dials (with trip computer), motor sound package.

CarFax might show "failed smog" previously. But it was only due to "ready checks"- happens when the power cycle is interrupted (battery changed etc) but passed within 24hr period after the OBDII had a chance to re-sync. I should still have the smog paper work with proof that it passed emissions\failed ready test as well as the smog test taken shortly thereafter with "PASSED"

SERIOUS Buyers only please.

$500 deposit due within 12hrs of close

$125 non-refundable fee if you choose to back out of the contract (contract based upon agreement to purchase through ebay)
What did he say since you obviously weren't a "serious buyer"?

Don't know why but those ads just turn me off. Glad to have some other input about the car.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:42 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

I think that's a good price for the mileage. Aventurine is a kick *** color, but not to everyone's liking.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Color not doing that car any favors for me either.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:51 PM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

haha....I was a "serious buyer" (yeah...I dont like that statement either)... I think the guy was a little put off by the myriad of craigslist people he was having to deal with (!)... he didnt realize just how cool I was !

there was one funny moment... I generally dont like driving other peoples' cars...especially test drives... so, as I was backing out of a coffee shop driveway, sideways...down a hill...directly into a T-intersection with a very big blindspot - I almost stalled (car did that "Choke" thing !)...

- he said : "...are you sure you have driven porsches before...."

- after our drive... the only thing I said back to him in reference to the above :

"...you still dont think I know how to drive a porsche ?"

- he just laughed.

he's a good guy... if this is the car you want, I would be surprised if he didn't accept better offers on the car...
Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I have been considering going to see this

I work in Palo Alto and have been searching on and off for a C4S. The price has been coming down slowly so I keep thinking about it but the color has been holding me back. I bought an off-color 996 in 03 that was priced well, was equipped the way I wanted, etc but I never grew to like the color and sold the car within a year.

Don't want to do that again, although Aventurine is a better colo than what I had.

Quick Reply: C4S for sale in Palo Alto, $37,500