Sponsored by:

What steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by helmet155
There were some pics posted lately that showed a distinct depression where the fvd/raid logo rested in the leather..

Would anyone please clarify or post some pics of the sticker logo thingy?

TIA

Brett H
Clarifying... no depression on mine, distinct or otherwise. I'd post pics but I'm too lazy.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Fvd Daytona wheel has a very small logo in a shallow depression at the bottom of the center spoke. It is not in the center of the airbag part of the wheel, and I honestly never notice it. I got the carbon fiber version to match my dash etc, but Fvd also makes an alcantra version without the logo. You might check out their website to see the very large selection of variations available. When I ordered mine from them in Germany, I had the wheel at my door in 4 days.

I have been amazed at what a difference this wheel has made in the driving feel of the car. The smaller diameter, much thicker and highly contoured wheel (depressions for fingers to fit around the back side, that you can't really see in photos) make the steering response feel absolutely immediate. I have made a lot of mods to my C4S, but this ranks second only to replacing the entire suspension in terms of tangible, daily, immediate improvement to the car, and one that you will be touching every moment you are in the car.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:08 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My FVD/RAID Daytona 340mm has the small indentation, as you can see in my picture in this thread, after I removed the RAID sticker. I cleaned up the left over goo after the picture was taken.

The identation is nothing compared to what this wheel does to the feel of driving the car and how improves the steering input and feedback. Let not that indentation alone steer you away from this wheel (pun intended)
Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
shu
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a pic of the 340mm aftermarket sw from Gert that I am considering. I'll go with black leather and black stitching though.

Last edited by shu; 12-16-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:02 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

That is another version of the Atiwe, Raid, Fvd, Ruf, etc. wheel. You will love it. Photos simply can't convey how great these wheels feel, and the change in how the car drives.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by shu
Heres a pic of the 340mm aftermarket sw from Gert that I am considering. I'll go with black leather and black stitching though.
That is the one I have with silver stitching. The feel is great! However... it is pricey!

Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Chuck,
Just saw your car on the other thread, very very nice. Congrats.
The s wheel is expensive, but I've always thought that is one part of the car that the most visual and tactile focus is on every minute you are in the car. Where better to spend some serious bucks. Don't you just LOVE the way it feels and changes the steering response?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by David 23
Don't you just LOVE the way it feels and changes the steering response?
The feel is the best part. Even better than the looks!

Quick Reply: What steering wheel?