Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

X-Post from 997 forum: Warning about Jordan Transervice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
timabe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Post from 997 forum: Warning about Jordan Transervice!

Warning about Jordan Transervice! We had a terrible experience with this fly-by-night operation and felt we could at least warn other Rennlisters of the danger.

On September 14th a buddy (future Rennlist member!) and I closed to deal to purchase a 2007 C4S from a private seller near San Diego. After the car passed PPI with flying colors, I shopped the car haulers available, and finally selected Jordan Transervice because they were already in the area on another pickup and could get the car to me the fastest. In hindsight this was probably not the best criteria to select a carrier….

On September 15th Jordan Transervice picked up the car. The PO was kind enough to give us his Porsche car cover (thank God or it would have been even worse). The car was loaded up, strapped down, and started heading east to Kansas City.

Four days later the car arrived. Here is what we received:

1. The first thing we noticed was that an ancient dilapidated station wagon was loaded ABOVE my car, and it dripped oil and antifreeze the entire way. It wasn't just a small drip. There was a nice puddle of both fluids on the car cover.

2. The driver who strapped the car down managed to place the strap buckle right against the rear wheel. The buckle took out a chunk of the wheel, and I'm told it can't be repaired.

3. The straps we placed under the cover and managed to rub into the paint. My body shop says they can buff this out.

4. Another of the strap buckles (placed directly against the paint) put a small dent in the rear driver's side fender. Again, it should be an easy repair for my body guy but, come on.

End result: $2,200.00 worth of damage. Not an end of the world deal, but it was the carrier’s response that really set me off.

We took photos and immediately called the carrier. Jason answered and said that he would get back to us. Since then, nothing. We involved the broker who also called Jason. The broker reported that Jason hung up on him. I tracked down their insurance company who called Jason (with me on conference) and Jason hung up on him. Apparently, their deductible is $5,000 and they simply do not have the money.

If a carrier cannot afford a lousy $2,200.00 claim then they should not be in this business.

They may have been good in the past, but things have changed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

bummer. Thanks for the warning.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:44 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow. That sucks. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:06 AM
arenared911cab
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks...
Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 AM
helmet155
Pro

Did you pay with credit card? Refute charges...
Old 11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
timabe
Instructor

Thanks for the comments. That's why I love this place!

The broker's insurance company is trying to help, so at least there's hope that someone will do the right thing. Lucky for us it was only $2,200.00 worth of damage. It's just high enough to thoroughly **** me off and compel me to ensure that other Rennlisters don't make the same mistake.

Quick Reply: X-Post from 997 forum: Warning about Jordan Transervice!