Sponsored by: DashLynx

PPI shop near Glen, NH please?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PPI shop near Glen, NH please?

Due to the geography in that area of the country I know the closest shop may not be in the same state. Can anyone recommend a qualified PPI shop near Glen, NH?

I've done a search and nothing much comes up for one. I also looked on the North Country PCA web site and using the advertisers on their web site I came up with Blair Talbot Motorsports in Dover but they're 1 hr 45 min. away, the local dealer is even farther. I sent an email to North Country's Tech Chair but thought I would post here too.

TIA

Last edited by Slow Guy; 11-08-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

anyone?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 PM
nshanny
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blair Talbot is an excellent shop from what I have heard. I know there is another shop in Manchester, NH called Precision Imports. From what I can tell they also have an excellent shop.

Hope that helps
Nick
Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Thank you Nick, every bit helps. Glad to hear the ref. on the Blair Talbot shop.
Unfortunately it looks like Manchester is 2 hrs 22 min. away.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
m_reagan_s
Instructor

Bill, I spend every weekend up in that neck of the woods and I'd be surprised if you could find much Porsche experience in the North Country...it's quite remote. I'd plan on a few hours drive min. The other places you should look are Burlington VT, Portland ME, and Portsmith NH. I've never dealt with this guy personally at the link below but he's apparently a great mechanic...but down near the Mass border. If all fails Jerry at EPE in Framingham MA has a great reputation.

Let me know if you have questions about the geography aspect......I'm not much help on the mechanical side.
Matt

http://www.manta.com/company/mm0l7zc
Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Thanks Matt. The big issue is how far I'll be able to get the present owner to go.

Thanks again for the tips.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 416 Posts

Mark Nadler at Exotech in Plaistow about 90 minutes south of you. Marks an extraordinary wrench and a good guy. He's done all the major work on my car (Top end and suspension).
Old 11-10-2009, 12:20 AM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

993BillW:
Just remember in this soft market, asking the current owner to "inconvenience" themself a bit by driving 2 hours for your PPI (driving a 993 is not an "imposition") is not a big request. They can, of course, say no. But so can you.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by porschemikeandnancy
993BillW:
Just remember in this soft market, asking the current owner to "inconvenience" themself a bit by driving 2 hours for your PPI (driving a 993 is not an "imposition") is not a big request. They can, of course, say no. But so can you.
Oh yes, I know. No PPI, no purchase. I just wouldn't want to inconvenience them by making them drive 3 hrs if there's a shop 1 hr. away that can do just as good a job. If I were closer I would offer to drive it myself but since I'm 21 hrs. away that's out of the picture. If everything works out and the weather cooperates I'll drive up and fetch it but I don't want to do that drive until it passes a PPI.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
m_reagan_s
Instructor

I've heard lots of people say the same kind of good things about Mark at Exotech. He may be your best bet in spite of the long drive. Keep in mind that people in the north country are kind of used to having to drive long distances to get things done. Hopefully the seller will see things the same way. Good luck with the sale....I'd recommend sooner than later...I recall some very snowy Thanksgivings up there.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by m_reagan_s
I've heard lots of people say the same kind of good things about Mark at Exotech. He may be your best bet in spite of the long drive. Keep in mind that people in the north country are kind of used to having to drive long distances to get things done. Hopefully the seller will see things the same way. Good luck with the sale....I'd recommend sooner than later...I recall some very snowy Thanksgivings up there.
It's unusual that we don't have several inches on the ground before Thanksgiving. It usually doesnt go away until March/April.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Thanks, found Exotech's website. Looks like a good shop.

Exotech

Make sure see their section on valve guide replacement and valve grinding.

** Edit: Don't want to waste anyone else's time on this, seller called this AM to say he didn't have time to deal with a car sale right now and was taking the car off the market. Thanks for everyone's input.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 11-10-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
skicoach
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have known Blair Talbot for many years and have him service my vehicles. You could not find a better or more knowledgable person to give you a trustworthy PPI.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM
nsully
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If it was me I wouldn't give the 90 minute drive to Nadler's a second thought. A small price to pay for the right answers.
Good Luck,
Neil

Quick Reply: PPI shop near Glen, NH please?