Sponsored by:

Dumb things you did in your Pcar

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by truegrit
My first porsche was a nearly new 02 996. Showing off for my father on his first and only time in the car I took a corner to fast entering a freeway. Rear end slid out, spun a 360 on the narrow one lane ramp and ended up in the dirt incline shoulder crushing in the front and rear bumper covers and breaking the beads on two tires and damaging the wheels.
Oh, I know this story. Mine did not turn out quite as well. Hit an on ramp exceeding 70 and lost it. I think I made about 1.5 revolutions. Ate a lot of grass. Would have been fine if it weren't for the merge sign I took out after the first 180 degrees of my pirouette with my back bumper. Sheared the sign clean off, which was bad because it came crashing into my roof and then stuck in the ground so it could gouge the right side of my car. I think I paid DOT $150 to remount the sign.

dave
Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There was that time that I raced a cop that came up behind me at night down the 405 from Los Angeles to Long Beach. Eventually I realized it was a cop and not another ricer and let him take me off the freeway. He told that while HE was doing 110mph I was moving away from him. The nice guy accepted my plea that these cars are made to go fast safely and he wrote me up for 90mph only. That was twelve years ago and I haven't had a speeding ticket since.

(The foregoing is complete fiction, it never happened, and it cannot be used against me...)

Then there was the time I brought home a queen-sized futon matress in the 993...

Oh, and that other time when I had three adult passengers, including a 6' 7" guy in the back seat...

Last edited by Leander; 11-03-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

My favorite was the crazy mechanic I knew back in 1990 who had the twin car to mine at the time (silver 1980 911SC); he got pulled over going 127 mph on I-75 near Fort Myers FL.

When the cop asked him why the hell he was doing 127, he replied, "Because it doesn't go any faster."

Off to jail, car impounded. Great story, though.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
I ran from a cop in Georgia, and got away.
....................oh, what the hell...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a pretty dumb one...after drinking way too much at the house with some buds...one guy wants to see my car. So I figure I'll back it out of the garage to provide a better look. Well I back right out right into a car parked behind me... Very good news though....the car was a Saturn...you know...with the plastic body panels... Didn't leave a scratch on either car!!! I was so freakin' happy that I decided to go and drink so more...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
I ran from a cop in Georgia, and got away.
In what car?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
samba-lee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I went to buy my 993 and went for a test drive the seller pulled over and we both got out to swap over. The doors shut and the automatic lock feature of the after market alarm locked the doors. All the spare keys were on the bunch in the ignition so we stood there for an hour with the engine running whilst various people attempted to get in it. In the end the local AA breakdown guy brought his special tools and was in in seconds. Over the hour the tarmac on the road under the engine melted

Lee
Old 11-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
I jumped a creek like Luke Duke in my 993.

Andreas
Ha!! I pulled a Daisy Duke in mine!! Except it wasn't a creek, it was a hill with a sudden drop in elevation. Instead of slowing for the drop, I floored it and caught some really nice air! Yeehaw!!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I once saw someone take a 928 out on a test drive ... only one salesman at the dealership, so he let the guy take it out while we talked about a 911 he had.

Guy comes back, tosses the keys, says, "Not so impressed, seemed underpowered ... and there's some big exclamation point that stayed lit on the dashboard."

He leaves ... salesman walks over to the car ... guy never took the emergency brake off. Toasted it, too.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Ha!! I pulled a Daisy Duke in mine!!
But were you WEARING Daisy Dukes?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Uber 911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leander
There was that time that I raced a cop that came up behind me at night down the 405 from Los Angeles to Long Beach. Eventually I realized it was a cop and not another ricer and let him take me off the freeway. He told that while HE was doing 110mph I was moving away from him. The nice guy accepted my plea that these cars are made to go fast safely and he wrote me up for 90mph only. That was twelve years ago and I haven't had a speeding ticket since.

(The foregoing is complete fiction, it never happened, and it cannot be used against me...)

Then there was the time I brought home a queen-sized futon matress in the 993...

Oh, and that other time when I had three adult passengers, including a 6' 7" guy in the back seat...
The cop up your chuff story, identical to me although I was up to 120 and pulling then his unmarked car lit up - blues, siren etc..... bugger. Let me off very politely. I know go figure...

Quick Reply: Dumb things you did in your Pcar