993 Forum 1995-1998

Euro Bumper WTB

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Bumper WTB

Any idea where I can source decently priced Euro bumper or turbo euro bumpers? I am ready to do the front end mod of the car. Many thanks.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Gert at Carnewal.com
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

I did check carnewal, but that is a small fortune (prices are in EUR) and shipping is steep...
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

I checked into this with Sunset last summer. I think they were asking somewhere around 1200 + shipping + clears+....

I have not pulled the trigger yet either.

Bob-
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

If your objective is to have the Euro look w/o the bumperettes, then unless you need to replace your bumper the cost effective path is to patch the notches rather than replace the whole bumper. On the other hand if you are looking to swap your NB bumper for a more aggressive looking turbo one, than you should definitely go the Euro route. You should be able to get Euro bumpers from Sunset or at least have them order it if they are out of stock.

Originally Posted by tjangi
Any idea where I can source decently priced Euro bumper or turbo euro bumpers? I am ready to do the front end mod of the car. Many thanks.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
thechief
Rennlist Member

Yikes, see what a loose monetary policy does to the value of the dollar. I bought mine from Carnewel about three years ago for 1,000 euros plus 295 euros shipping (don't remember the exact exchange, but the dollar was worth quite a bit more back then) but I didn't have to pay the 21% VAT like a good Belgian would have to, man that's steep, in addition, you might also find that the shipping company also wants to charge you a duty. I was told to ignore that charge by several people, but I went ahead and paid it, it was somewher around $50 if memory serves. If you think you want one don't wait, the way things are going they aren't going to get any cheaper.

Quick Reply: Euro Bumper WTB