tino
LOL!

I was thinking more along the lines of, "he's the Prada of mechanics!"
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Smile

[QUOTE=soltino;6971032]So with Callas you take it up the A**. Boy with friends like you....

Goofballdelux.....you mean you dont buy clothes for the labels, a nice Armani suit.... OK, to each his own. All I know is that my car received a very thorough inspection at Tony's shop...I thought it was worth it at the time, and still do. I'd rather pay a little to much and get exactly what I want, than cut corners and potentially not have a first class job. We are talking Porsche cars here, cars with $6,000 + valve jobs, etc....

With a PPI, I would think one would want the best available info upon which to base a purchasing decision. Buying a $25,000 to $40,000 used car, and for it to potentially go "south" after the purchase, not a pretty picture.

Tony Callas is good...but he doesn't work for peanuts. I need to unsubscribe from this string...I have said my piece. Sermon over
Old 10-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

[quote=soltino;6971032] writes: So with Callas you take it up the A**. Boy with friends like you....

You know in the numerous times I have been to Tony's shop over the years, that service was never offered to me...not that I am interested.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:32 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

[QUOTE=Martin S.;6971606]
Originally Posted by soltino
So with Callas you take it up the A**. Boy with friends like you....

Goofballdelux.....you mean you dont buy clothes for the labels, a nice Armani suit.... OK, to each his own. All I know is that my car received a very thorough inspection at Tony's shop...I thought it was worth it at the time, and still do. I'd rather pay a little to much and get exactly what I want, than cut corners and potentially not have a first class job. We are talking Porsche cars here, cars with $6,000 + valve jobs, etc....

With a PPI, I would think one would want the best available info upon which to base a purchasing decision. Buying a $25,000 to $40,000 used car, and for it to potentially go "south" after the purchase, not a pretty picture.

Tony Callas is good...but he doesn't work for peanuts. I need to unsubscribe from this string...I have said my piece. Sermon over
Yeah, I don't think we're talking about the same things here. I'm not talking about cutting corners or not having a first class PPI done. What I was saying is why pay, say, 20% to 40% more for the same quality work one could get at another reputable shop. There are other mechanics in the Los Angeles area who are also excellent and have vast experience on air-cooled Porsches.

Also, I don't think Tony Callas is good. I think he's one of the best around. Just very expensive.

Quick Reply: Shop need in Venice for PPI (LA)